What We're Making

Hi.When I was a young broadcaster raising a family, many of my single cohorts had jukeboxes. I always wanted one but we put our saving goals ahead of material stuff. Now that we have reached our financial goals, my wife and I decided it was our turn. I spent seven months restoring my favorite jukebox. This is a 1954 Seeburg. She looks and sounds great.

Very cool!

A while ago, I came across a blog describing the rebuild of one of those old Wurlitzer boxes with the bubbly lights and everything. Quite the project, I think the fluid in those tubes has been outlawed, and they either needed to find original unbroken tubes, or sources of the original fluid ( NOS - New Old Stock), or come up with some kind of replacement fluid.

Enjoy! (now I want to see your guitar collection!).

-ERD50

Love the jukebox!

This is a work in progress of a sign for a local charity that provides toys to kids. Carved on the CNC from sign foam (HDU), ready for paint. Hearts will be red, teddy bears brown, and the lettering and decorative edging will be black. All on a white background. The sign is 4’ wide and 3’ tall so will take some time to do all the painting by hand.

Last edited:
I converted my little covered porch into a deck. I made the furniture too. not the first bit of help carrying boards...

Attachments

• P9070012.jpg
    P9070012.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 7 (18).jpg
    7 (18).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 10 (19).jpg
    10 (19).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 180 (2).jpg
    180 (2).jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 42
New DIL ended up donating the arbor to the venue (Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, State Museum of Archaeology). Just completed this for their Housewarming gift. Not furniture quality but practical enough for a bedside nightstand/phone charging stand. (17x10x36)

Attachments

• KIMG0363.jpg
    KIMG0363.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 39
^ Nice! (That applies to everyone's stuff...me, I don't even know which end of a paintbrush is used to pull screws out of drywall.)

Last edited:
Great stuff and some very talented people here on ER.

Here’s the sign I finished for a local charity.

Last edited:
Nice sign, davemartin88! What finish did you use to protect it from the elements?

Sign is made from HDU and I used high quality house paint for the finish. It is also under an East facing porch so will be out of the harshest weather as well.

53anddone, great barn. Is it free standing or is it anchored? Looks like it might be movable?

Whipped up a couple of photo frames. Painted poplar for a 15" x 20" B&W profile shot of George Washington at Mt. Rushmore that I took this spring. And a walnut/ maple inlay frame for a 9" x 12" photo that SIL took of her dog that won a first prize in a photo show.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.36.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.36.34 PM.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 33
My most recent quilt. Made from a fabric pack that I won as a door prize last month. It was quick to put together so I was able to finish it in time to send it home with DD#2 after Thanksgiving. IMG_2464.JPG

Working on some Christmas ideas from the laser. A local store asked me if I could do some personalized items to sell. Will see what happens. The largest ones take about 3-4 minutes to cut from 1/8” Baltic Birch ply. Biggest ones are about 13” high.

Last edited:
Again I admire the projects you people have. Outstanding work and talent we have here.

Working on some Christmas ideas from the laser. A local store asked me if I could do some personalized items to sell. Will see what happens. The largest ones take about 3-4 minutes to cut from 1/8” Baltic Birch ply. Biggest ones are about 13” high.

Nice work!

Made a cowboy wok using a plow disc and horseshoes. Welding, sanding and seasoning. 20181127_192621.jpeg20181127_173525.jpeg

made my wife a cutting board

made my wife a cutting board with wood leftover from other projects.
Walnut, Brazilian Cherry and Maple
A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

Wedding Arbor

Here's the arbor in all its glory.

Attachments

• Arbor.jpg
    Arbor.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 362
Made a cowboy wok using a plow disc and horseshoes. Welding, sanding and seasoning. 20181127_192621.jpeg20181127_173525.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom