What We're Making

Huh. Hevea = rubberwood. Y'all got some funny trees down there... lol

The whole unit looks great though....

Huh. Hevea = rubberwood. Y'all got some funny trees down there... lol

The whole unit looks great though....

Thanks. Yeah, my first time using it. Apparently it's in the Maple family and grows in Brazil and SE Asia & is pretty durable and stable. It would be a good option for wood counters in a dry work area, say wine / coffee nook. I wouldn't use it in a wet area as the pores are deep and would likely pull moisture in. It would also be a great worktop for a garage. Less than $200 for an 8' top (unfinished, of course).

working on a '74 Trans Am full restoration, this will be a long time project as I am slow and working on disassembly now along with small items until retired in a year or so and then I'll have much more time. This is the original 8-track to the car, a friend who is a retired electrical engineer does the internals on these. This is one of 4 or 5 of these I've owned for/from other cars and this one required a rebuilt motor, new wiring connections, belt and a rechromed tape door. Still have some good working 8-tracks that still play great.

Attachments

• F3BDA6FF-CB27-4B51-B8FC-B088688E5F76.jpg
    F3BDA6FF-CB27-4B51-B8FC-B088688E5F76.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 79
Surewhitey, very nice work!

working on a '74 Trans Am full restoration, this will be a long time project as I am slow and working on disassembly now along with small items until retired in a year or so and then I'll have much more time. This is the original 8-track to the car, a friend who is a retired electrical engineer does the internals on these. This is one of 4 or 5 of these I've owned for/from other cars and this one required a rebuilt motor, new wiring connections, belt and a rechromed tape door. Still have some good working 8-tracks that still play great.

SD did you/ do you work at VX-23 @Pax? We were the Salty Dogs =SD 455 would be side number of F-18.

F35, not me, in my case the SD is a reference to a super duty Pontiac engine that was just optioned for a short time in '73-'74

F35, not me, in my case the SD is a reference to a super duty Pontiac engine that was just optioned for a short time in '73-'74

Rog, ya never know. There is someone else on this site that worked on same base.

Installed the she shed step I made.

51297142671_d8ddc94592_o.jpg

No more stepping in the mulch or taking that big long up or down step to the cement!

Looks great Robbie!

I didn't "make" this, just assembled it...a 12x20 Gazebo. The things we do for love, hehe! If you are having trouble sleeping, you can watch a excruciatingly long and boring video of the whole process:

Attachments

• ridgebeam.jpg
    ridgebeam.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 64
Everyone we play with wants to take our game home, so I made 2 more.

Also converted a neighbor's closet from a 24" single door closet to a 2-32" closet. Don't know who thought the 1 door was a good idea...

We also jaunted to Southern Colorado for a while to see friends and scenery.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kzcYriHt6DYB9aQE8

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_093103.jpg
    IMG_20210718_093103.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20210718_093048.jpg
    IMG_20210718_093048.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20210715_102355.jpg
    IMG_20210715_102355.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 56
Finally started woodworking. I have a friend who has a wood shop in his garage. He has been inviting me to join him for over 30 years. The wife refused to allow me to go for fear that I might lose a finger and jeopardize my career as a dentist. Well, I’ve been retired now for 3 years and she has been wanting to get a live edge table. After seeing how expensive they are she cleared me to start hanging with my friend and build stuff in his garage. She figures at this point if I lose a finger it’s no big deal![emoji38]
IMG_1745.JPGIMG_1747.JPGIMG_1749.JPG

Very nice table! And don’t worry about losing a finger. I was making something with my grandfather around 1970 when he cut off the tip of a finger with his table saw. I was in shock, but he said that you’re fortunate to live to almost 70 with all of your fingers.

Very nice table! And don’t worry about losing a finger. I was making something with my grandfather around 1970 when he cut off the tip of a finger with his table saw. I was in shock, but he said that you’re fortunate to live to almost 70 with all of your fingers.

I was watching a video demo the other day by a guy who is considered one of the best woodturners in the world, constantly in demand as a teacher, and it was impossible not to notice that he had 9 ½ fingers (due to a table saw accident long ago).

Incidentally, a friend recently blew the dough seriously and bought one of these table saws that can't cut you. Impressive technology.

https://www.sawstop.com/why-sawstop/the-technology/

it was impossible not to notice that he had 9 ½ fingers (due to a table saw accident long ago).

So did Jerry Garcia, and he managed pretty well.

I think my next tablesaw will be a Sawstop. If I ever get another one.

Great saw. I read that Sawstops will nick the first layer of skin and will stop completely before getting to the second layer. My next saw will be a Sawstop, because a table saw accident with my current saw will be inevitable as I get older.

That table is sweet!

Thanks! Yeah my wife really wanted to preserve the character of the bark on the live edge. I took it down to the Cambrian layer and then layered epoxy into the defects. Most all tables I've seen out there pretty much strip out all the bark to the bare wood (its much easier and quicker).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom