Who got the Never Ending Pasta from Olive Garden?

capjak

Full time employment: Posting here.
Well I am in for the 8 week pass, did not try for the 1 year pass.

Imagine eating for an entire year lunch and dinner for $1 per day :D

Ugh, no way!!! I'd weigh six times what I weigh today if I did that and ate pasta for lunch and dinner for an entire year.

Weight loss costs a lot. Hopefully you don't have an overweight problem like I do.

Ugh, no way!!! I'd weigh six times what I weigh today if I did that and ate pasta for lunch and dinner for an entire year.

Weight loss costs a lot. Hopefully you don't have an overweight problem like I do.

Well you could just eat the soup and salad I guess, but what fun is that? I am of normal weight but I exercise and try to stick to low carbs....oh well 8 weeks of belly fat building...

Ha , no we didn't get the pasta bowl . A few years ago Hooters ran a special in Texas on Chicken Wings . You would get a card and you must go to every Hooters in the state and get it stamped once you got your card stamped you got 200 wings . The only problem was . At the time we were riding with a motorcycle riders club . We would get many cards so we would go into a Hooters with maybe 20 riders and each rider might have 6 cards . I know we cheated , but every weekend we would ride across the state to get our cards stamped . In the winter we had wing parties every week.

We got so tired of wings we started giving the cards away . I wish they would do this again it built our riders group , everyone rode .

Last edited:
Like WR2 I would gain weight so no thanks.

Forget the pasta. $300 for 365 salads is a heck of a deal.

However, I do not want to go out in the heat in the middle of day to have lunch, nor do I want to go to the trouble of trying to be quick on the mouse click to get the pass.

Well you could just eat the soup and salad I guess, but what fun is that? I am of normal weight but I exercise and try to stick to low carbs....oh well 8 weeks of belly fat building...

Since you are a low carb guy, you could weigh and get your blood work done before and after the 8 week pastafest and report back to the group. I would be a metabolic wreck. Fat and happy but a wreck just the same. :D

Last edited:
Since you are a low carb guy, you could weigh and get your blood work done before and after the 8 week pastfest and report back to the group. I would be a metabolic wreck. Fat and happy but a wreck just the same. :D

I cheat and get the meat topping on the side and only eat the meat and salad sometimes and tell them to hold the pasta

You may want to check this out. https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/olive-garden-nutrition-facts#6

I am at the point where I believe that eating in virtually any restaurant is not healthy. That does not mean I do not eat at restaurants. It does mean I limit my visits. I like the salad and bread sticks at OG but I double or triple the single serving. At which point, it means the food consumption I follow for the rest of the day, must be changed. But, I do not change my consumption to make up the all you can eat menu. That is why I limit my consumption.

But, I understand as it was also an approach that I use to follow. Enjoy some for me, I do miss it :)

I love their salad and soup so if they would deliver it to my house everyday for eight weeks I am in.

I have no idea if I'd like their soup or salad, since we don't eat there.

But if I did, and if they called it "Olive Garden Never Ending Soup and Salad", then I admit that I'd jump at it! I thought all you'd get was never ending pasta, maybe with marinara. But anyway, in other words I thought it would be a giant never ending carb fest. :)

I love their salad and soup so if they would deliver it to my house everyday for eight weeks I am in.

It's dine in only, however once in a while a waiter/tress was kind enough to box up an extra helping of Pasta/Soup/Salad/Bread Sticks for Two to go and we ate the next day.....:D

I would get the Braised Beef with Tortelloni!

"slow-braised beef, portobello mushrooms and asiago-filled tortelloni tossed in basil-marsala sauce."

I think I saw Chocolate Lasagna for dessert!

ETA: A boy can dream can't he? Back to my grilled chicken and kale.

Their food is good and I always bring half of it home for another meal. They have cheaper prices if you eat between 3-5.

No (wheat) pasta for me.

Seems like that would go against staying low carb.

I don't care for Olive Garden anyway.

Last edited:
I am at the point where I believe that eating in virtually any restaurant is not healthy. That does not mean I do not eat at restaurants. It does mean I limit my visits.

+1

DW & I view eating out as "sometimes food" and typically limit ourselves to no more than one meal/week. Moderation, as you are suggesting, is key.

Love the OG. Always eat the salad and take the main course home for the next day. Sadly for some reason they pulled out of Ontario twenty years ago.

The OG soup and salad lunch is great ($7.99). Our ROMEO club goes there on occasion. The breadsticks are killer. :cool:

I am at the point where I believe that eating in virtually any restaurant is not healthy. That does not mean I do not eat at restaurants. It does mean I limit my visits.

+1, I feel the same way. Most restaurants cook with ingredients I would never use at home (jug oils like corn oil, soybean oil, etc. for one). I see the Reinhart food trucks delivering pre-packaged foods to lots of different restaurants around here, and I just don't want to eat that stuff. At home, I can control what goes into my meals (like fresh garden veggies, meat and eggs from local farmers, EV olive oil), and I have to believe it's much healthier eating that way.

We gave up on Olive Garden, never going back.

Continuous non stop up sell interruptions during the whole lunch. Including a digital "game device" we could rent and play with. Instead of talking to each other I imagine.

Done.

We gave up on Olive Garden, never going back.

Continuous non stop up sell interruptions during the whole lunch. Including a digital "game device" we could rent and play with. Instead of talking to each other I imagine.

Done.

That doesn't happen here. what were they trying to sell you?? :confused:

The hostess tried to sell us the gaming device (only 3 dollars) the waitress was upselling the menu, another (not the waitress) came to offer their wine tastes of the day (would you like to buy some) and of course the deserts later.

All we wanted was the salad and pasta lunch which is good and reasonable. Or used to be. Never going back.

I seem to remember "pasta topping extras" and salad toppers and side dishes too. We kept saying no, no, no, no no...

Last edited:
The hostess tried to sell us the gaming device (only 3 dollars) the waitress was upselling the menu, another (not the waitress) came to offer their wine tastes of the day (would you like to buy some) and of course the deserts later.

All we wanted was the salad and pasta lunch which is good and reasonable. Or used to be. Never going back.

Must be a California thing. We (ROMEO guys) go there twice per month for lunch and have not experienced any of that. If that was going on here, it would be the last visit for us too.

Back
Top Bottom