Your yacht is bigger than mine!

flintnational

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We were on the Regal Princess last week. We docked at Sint Maarten and Sailing Yacht A docked next to us. It is listed as the largest sail assisted yacht in the world. It is owned by a Russian Billionaire. It is over 460 ft. long and the estimated cost is north of $400M. It has a crew of 54. For comparison, the Regal Princess was estimated to cost about $750M. You can get an idea of the size if you note the very small tractor trailer tanker truck in the lower right corner of the photo. We saw five tankers of diesel fuel delivered. We went into town and could have missed some. It was pretty impressive and the talk of "our soon to be" completely inadequate ship.

Attachments

• Sailing Yatch A.jpg
    Sailing Yatch A.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Sailing a.jpg
    Sailing a.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 201
If he's like most billionaire yacht owners, he's already planning his next, bigger one.

It is interesting how all the state owned resources of the USSR got funneled into a few oligarchs, but that is another story.

Looks like a future toy for the next James Bond movie. Super yachts are common sightings in South Florida. One Arab billionaire joined us for volleyball one afternoon while his yacht was parked nearby. His security team and his bevy of your European beauties were the cheering section during our match on the beach.

Nay, it would not have helped. Did I mention he is only in his mid 40's. Forbes lists Andrey Melnichenko as the 88th wealthiest person in the world with a $15B networth.
If I had $15B, I would STILL think that yacht was an extraordinary waste of money! :ROFLMAO:

It would be a lot more fun to sail a 15-20 foot sailboat than that thing. He can have it! I don't want it. That said, it sure is amazing to see.

Looks like a future toy for the next James Bond movie. Super yachts are common sightings in South Florida. One Arab billionaire joined us for volleyball one afternoon while his yacht was parked nearby. His security team and his bevy of your European beauties were the cheering section during our match on the beach.

The angular all metal look made me also think it looked like something out of a Bond movie. And owned by a young Russian oligarch, the movie almost writes itself.

If I had $15B, I would STILL think that yacht was an extraordinary waste of money! :ROFLMAO:

It would be a lot more fun to sail a 15-20 sailboat than that thing. He can have it! I don't want it. That said, it sure is amazing to see.

It's only 2.6% of his reported networth. So by FIRE standards, a reasonable expenditure. Just ask RobbieB! :)

Kidding aside, we saw 5 tractor trailers of diesel pull up. Assuming 9k gallons per truck and $4 per gallon for diesel, thats a $180,000 fill up!

It's only 2.6% of his reported networth. So by FIRE standards, a reasonable expenditure. Just ask RobbieB! :)

Kidding aside, we saw 5 tractor trailers of diesel pull up. Assuming 9k gallons per truck and $4 per gallon for diesel, thats a $180,000 fill up!

But it's a hybrid powerplant, so very eco-friendly! :LOL:

I saw Putin's home last time I was in St. Petersburg. It appeared to be much larger than Trump's White House. But there again, Trump was slumming it when he moved from the 82th floor penthouse at Trump Tower to the Whitehouse.

There's a gentleman from our community in Alabama that owns the other 82nd floor penthouse in Trump Tower. But his boat is only 139' and 350 tons.

My dad used to say "no matter what you do, there's always going to be someone with a bigger boat"

Wow, it may be expensive, but it sure is ugly! Guess money doesn't buy taste.

Wow, it may be expensive, but it sure is ugly! Guess money doesn't buy taste.

The bend of the masts seemed elegant and the best feature. Otherwise, it really did look like the yacht owned by a Bond film evil villain. Very militaristic and angular. Almost threatening.

Yup, count me in! If I had 15 billion, I'd have me a big boat for sure - :)

You have to step on a lot of toes and backs to be that rich that young.

It would be a lot more fun to sail a 15-20 foot sailboat than that thing. He can have it! I don't want it. That said, it sure is amazing to see.

I agree! LOL

Reactions: W2R
I wonder if it's available in pearl white. All my boating clothes and outfits match a pearl white boat, and I'm not going clothes shopping again!

He must be a multibillionaire to keep up with something like that!

I’d settle for something 100x cheaper.

You have to step on a lot of toes and backs to be that rich that young.

Well, that certainly beats working hard, paying yourself first, LBYM and investing in dividend stocks.

Back
Top Bottom