Double Spacing Between Paragraphs in Posts???

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This happens periodically with Firefox users here, for me it only happens sporadically when I do a Firefox reinstall or there's a major Firefox update, and it just struck me again recently. It's annoying and I don't understand why the solution is buried where most users would never find it, or dare try the edit. If this post ever disappears, I'll be lost...thanks again target2019!

http://www.early-retirement.org/for...agraphs-in-posts-new-91976-2.html#post2050933

Ok, discovered another thing you can do with Firefox, if you want to keep the WYSIWYG editor (meaning don't drop to the standard option in forum).
- go to about:config
- search for editor.use_div_for_default_newlines
- double-click the line to change it to false
Everything above is typed on a line, with enter key pressed at the end.
Say it:
No
Extra
Line
Breaks.

Last edited:
I've had this problem 'forever'. Taking the extra lines in 'preview post' works, but it's a pita. I've changed the setting.

Let's see if it worked. I made the change, closed and re-opened Firefox, hit quick reply and typed this with one space above.

EDIT: And YES...it worked! Thanks.

It's less annoying to turn off the WYSIWYG editing. I can deal with not seeing text italicized, for example.

Of course, it isn't easy to find that option (pet peeve).

In the same thread, TromboneAl included screenshots to implement another fix. Shorthand below.
User Control Panel > Miscellaneous Options > Standard Editor

That might work in each browser, too.

I use Firefox and noticed the same thing. I had assumed it was just a quirk of the forum and usually edited to fix.

Back
Top Bottom