OK... the title above says....

Nice, but really with a time machine is this even needed? If the outcome from your actions is bad, just hop in the time machine and go back to the point in time before the decision is made. Do this until the best outcome is achieved. Sort of like Groundhog Day in that respect.

Boy is this way off the OP...

But... you then have the 'butterfly effect'... and jumping back to fix something messes up something else... and if you remember ALL your jumps... how will your mind handle it:confused:

There was that Twilight Zone one where the guy stepped on a butterfly in the Jurassic period and came back to people who looked like pigs and spoke a weird language of gutteral sounds.

I missed that one...

There was that Twilight Zone one where the guy stepped on a butterfly in the Jurassic period and came back to people who looked like pigs and spoke a weird language of gutteral sounds.
That's what I'm talking about. It would suck to come back to the present and find that I couldn't understand what my wife was talking about because she spoke in a way I couldn't understand anything she was....oh, wait. Okay, who stepped on the damn butterfly?

Kind of like when my wife had her cataract surgery. I was so happy she didn't say, "Oh, Gee, you're way less handsome than I remembered you." But she did say, "I thought we had a brownish lab retriever, not a white-ish one."

You are confusing reincarnation with "TRANSMIGRATION OF SOULS". In reincarnation, you have a hierarchy of development. Once you are incarnating in the human kingdom, you have passed through the door from the animal kingdom and you can never go back. You can only incarnate as a human. The next kingdom's door is what is called the crucifixion initiation, and once passing that you can never go back to the human kingdom. I can suggest some reading: THE RAYS AND THE INITIATIONS by Alice A. Bailey.
I thought the traditional eastern versions of reincarnation based the follow-on instantiation on karma. If your Karma is bad enough you could end up as Gregor Samsa's Bug. No guarantee to move ever upward.

I thought the traditional eastern versions of reincarnation based the follow-on instantiation on karma. If your Karma is bad enough you could end up as Gregor Samsa's Bug. No guarantee to move ever upward.

Well, I can be specific. I am not talking about the exoteric religions, as much as about the underlying Wisdom Schools. There are a number. The one that is most externalized at the moment seems to be the Trans-Himalayan Wisdom School which developed out of the writings of Patanjali around 10,000 years ago. There are exoteric religions whose main goal like most exoteric western religious tradition to control people. There is always a move upward. However, you must meet certain requirements to move on to the next kingdom, and those doors are not always open. Right now the door to the animal kingdom to move into the human kingdom is not open. It won't be open for another 10 million years or so, since two thirds of the 66.666666... billion souls must move into the next kingdom first to make room.

If you want to believe this stuff..... There's so so so much more....if you want to believe this stuff.

Well, I can be specific. I am not talking about the exoteric religions, as much as about the underlying Wisdom Schools. There are a number. The one that is most externalized at the moment seems to be the Trans-Himalayan Wisdom School which developed out of the writings of Patanjali around 10,000 years ago. There are exoteric religions whose main goal like most exoteric western religious tradition to control people. There is always a move upward. However, you must meet certain requirements to move on to the next kingdom, and those doors are not always open. Right now the door to the animal kingdom to move into the human kingdom is not open. It won't be open for another 10 million years or so, since two thirds of the 66.666666... billion souls must move into the next kingdom first to make room.

If you want to believe this stuff..... There's so so so much more....if you want to believe this stuff.
Way too much math and pondering going on for me to subscribe to it. I prefer the simpler version of Karma - "What goes around, comes around."

....If you want to believe this stuff..... There's so so so much more....if you want to believe this stuff.

So true. We just had some people over whose families for generations have believed this stuff. But then we realized that there are many groups of people who believe different stuff that others think is unbelievable.

Last edited:

That was my understanding of how it worked also. But I'll defer to Z's obvious expertise in the subject. Although, I am quite sure that my sister's cats are better off than the bottom billion humans in the world. :flowers:

I was out of town for a few days. I've got a lot of catchin' up to do. :blink:

When will puppy's start demanding equal time.

On the public pension issue, I'm just sorry I was such a sucker to stay in the private sector. (Youngsters take note!)

Yes, Youngsters take note, you can also take note that if you were a geologist in the mid 60's you would have found it tough to get a job, and law degrees are not a lucrative as they use to be. Hindsight is golden. I would make no bet that what is seen as the fat public pension will be around for those planing to retire in 30 or 40 years. The sage advice 'If you want something done, do it yourself' still holds true. Retirement is not something you can let others take care of for you. Weather it is private or public, you must take and interest and control of your own future.

Thought I hadn't seen you around - welcome back :greetings10:
Ahhhh thank you. :flowers: I went on a fun-filled trip to see the family. :whistle:

Oh, and we have a pension and two kitties. Just might have a BLT for lunch.

Attachments

• DSC01400.jpg
    DSC01400.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 11
Ahhhh thank you. :flowers: I went on a fun-filled trip to see the family. :whistle:

Oh, and we have a pension and two kitties. Just might have a BLT for lunch.

Brilliant - and thanks for the pic of the BLT, it looks yummy :D

I got the first payment of my 3rd pension this week - it feels good!! I am well diversified when it comes to pensions (all private) :) - Pension 1 is paid into our bank in the UK, pensions 2 and 3 are US pensions paid in $, and I have a 4th pension (in the UK) which I am deferring until I'm 65 as it continues to grow (it is the only one that is COLA'ed).

Reactions: W2R
Love this Place

I love E-R.O. :clap: Its the reason why I've amassed so many posts in such a short time.:smitten: I express a concern about a certain kind of thread, and instead of being roundly attacked, I get opinions, suggestions...... and then the conversation in true James Joyce fashion transits to discussions of bacon and kittens as well as reincarnation.:2funny:

And to top it all off, even though there was no origininal mention of it in the post to begin with, most everyone on that thread read the concern here, and the continuing discussion on pensions ALMOST IMMEDIATELY got gentler and less confrontive for anyone with a public pension.:crazy:

E-R.org is amazing.:dance: I wish I would have had this kind of clientele when I was running a forum. It sure would have made my days easier to deal with.

Z:flowers:

and instead of being roundly attacked,

If you don't think you were being attacked, maybe you need to re-read some of the posts. Perhaps [-]I was[/-] they were too subtle :ROFLMAO:

ALMOST IMMEDIATELY got gentler and less confrontive for anyone with a public pension.:crazy:

I've been busy! It has turned colder outside, maybe I can get back to those threads now ;)

Seriously though, I don't think there was much confrontation at all, I think you read that into it. Seriously, not being satirical.

There is a HUGE difference between:

A) people who have seen their own benefits cut not wanting to have their taxes raised so that no public pensioner ever experiences any cut whatsoever, and

B) saying that those people don't 'deserve' their pension.

I think you have sometimes melded the two together.

-ERD50

Give us a chance man, we'll gore one of your sacred oxen soon enough!

Actually, you've just figured this place out. Other than a few semi-trolls everybody here gets along pretty well. We will still disagree, sometimes even a tad less than civilly, but that's life.

And there's always the ignore button. I'm not like some people, whose names I won't mention, with the population of a small village on ignore. But the few folks whose posts I no longer see are there because things they say just fire me up. Why waste what precious life is left to me getting pissed at some stranger on the net?

If you don't think you were being attacked, maybe you need to re-read some of the posts. Perhaps [-]I was[/-] they were too subtle :ROFLMAO:

A) people who have seen their own benefits cut not wanting to have their taxes raised so that no public pensioner ever experiences any cut whatsoever, and

B) saying that those people don't 'deserve' their pension.

I think you have sometimes melded the two together.

-ERD50

You and Alan Greenspan!

But seriously, we have our "buttons". I have a pretty low tolerance for being attacked generally, but if I'm having a bad day, then I can easily meld things together.

Generally the time of PSSA's is not a good time of year for me. This is the time when PA for 4 weeks straight tests every child in grades 3, 4, & 5 in in public elementary schools with these tests. As a school counselor, this should only affect my ability to see kids during this time, but for me its quite different. I can't see anyone since I'm personally responsible for organizing the tests for about 400 students, training staff, providing test security etc. I'm locked into these stupid tests from 3 weeks before the testing to a month during the testing, and to a week after the testing. A loss of about 2 months of time from my real job. And the consequence for even one tiny violation of the process or heaven forbid actually losing a test is the loss of license to be a school counselor. And the state has monitors who visit districts looking for even tiny little violations of the rules. And there are hundreds of accommodations and rules and stuff. Its an incredible logistical nightmare. I'm good at logistics, but its a Murphy's Law type nightmare, and one has to cover every possible scenario. Last year we almost lost a test because we never accounted for the thought that one of our students would actually steal one of the tests. During an altercation in the one of the special small group settings, a student grabbed one of the tests from a box the teacher had on her desk and stuffed it in an empty desk and then stuffed books after it. Teacher only found it by an extensive search of the room.

I get very very edgy during this time period. Its the only time of year I actually have to take Zantac. I have about 1/2 of the process to go this year, and only one more time---next year. And next year there will not be the loss of my certificate holding over my head because I'm retiring. After 40 years of working in school based mental health services, I never want to do it again in this life.

So i look forward to being gored!

But after that people will probably be cooking marshmellows over a fire, or maybe I'll actually be the marshmallow!!
tumblr_kw3xq8BXB31qabpc7o1_400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom