Put Discussion Topic next to time of post

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I consistently get to the bottom of a thread and have something to say then forget what the topic is/was. Often the discussion ventures off topic.

My solution: Add discussion topic either to the bottom of a page or next to time of most recent post.

I will vote for a raise for all you moderators or add crescent moons to the stars to remind us you are monitoring 24/7.

Fixed it for you.

And it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Ok, that doesn't solve my problem. Say you went to a movie, loved it, remember every detail and the actors names, even the director...you see where I'm going here?

I consistently get to the bottom of a thread and have something to say then forget what the topic is/was. Often the discussion ventures off topic. ...

I know what you mean but this made me laugh. Wait, what were they talking about?

if I forget what the topic was I glance at the address bar. Does yours show this?

Attachments

• discussion.JPG
    discussion.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 16
if I forget what the topic was I glance at the address bar. Does yours show this?

I'll be darned, it does. BUT if I'm quoting you, it does not. This is good enough. Ha, moderators did you know this?

I'll be darned, it does. BUT if I'm quoting you, it does not. This is good enough. Ha, moderators did you know this?

Yes.

And the reason is that when you activate the reply with quote function you're not on that page any more so you see your new URL.

But on the same line as "Reply to Thread" on the right side is the thread name. Also in the box above, which you should be able to see since you're at the top of the page when replying.

But on the same line as "Reply to Thread" on the right side is the thread name. Also in the box above, which you should be able to see since you're at the top of the page when replying.

Uh Ha, but I always "quick reply" which does not show the title. Have to use that leafy reply button.

I consistently get to the bottom of a thread and have something to say then forget what the topic is/was. Often the discussion ventures off topic.

My solution: Add discussion topic either to the bottom of a page or next to time of most recent post.

I will vote for a raise for all you moderators or add crescent moons to the stars to remind us you are monitoring 24/7.

I was going to suggest Ginkgo Biloba but, looks like there’s an IT solution. :LOL:

Uh Ha, but I always "quick reply" which does not show the title. Have to use that leafy reply button.
But you said when you quote, you don't see the title; that's another leafy button, where you see the topic in the places I pointed out. And if you use Quick reply, you can see the URL. So I don't think there's a place where you won't see the topic on screen, if you learn where to look.

But you said when you quote, you don't see the title; that's another leafy button, where you see the topic in the places I pointed out. And if you use Quick reply, you can see the URL. So I don't think there's a place where you won't see the topic on screen, if you learn where to look.
This time it does show the title. Don't laugh, but I just scrolled down to see the entire discussion. I have never done that before. I need a little video that points out all the different benefits with music and happy voices.

I have come to understand why Rianne has blown right past me in the star department. :cool:

. . . . but I just scrolled down to see the entire discussion. I have never done that before.

I was going to mention that you can scroll down. It's useful, however, if the thread is more than one page, I have not found a way to read the entire thread. Scrolling down only seems to contain the last page and my question is usually about the original (first) post.

I have come to understand why Rianne has blown right past me in the star department. :cool:
I know, I quit reading seriously and started writing whatever weird little thought came into my head. But I will continue to seriously read SS threads. Soon I'll have 8 stars.

I know, I quit reading seriously and started writing whatever weird little thought came into my head. But I will continue to seriously read SS threads. Soon I'll have 8 stars.

I like your threads. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom