Spam Coming Off ER.org (again)!

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What is going on?

I get malicious spam on my iPad when I am in ER.org pretty regularly. Of course I don't open it, but I have to clear all my Safari history every time. Yes, I have an Ad Blocker (and I've tried two of them), doesn't help.

And now when I'm on ER.org on my PC, I am getting a PUP warning from Malwarebytes.

I know this has been asked here before, but there is some "vulnerability" associated with ER.org.

turning off javascript will likely solve that problem

I use Adblock plus and don’t see any of this.

turning off javascript will likely solve that problem
OK, but why is ER.org the passageway in for malicious spam? I am not having these issues with any other site.

OK, but why is ER.org the passageway in for malicious spam? I am not having these issues with any other site.

It could be that you are just special but it's probably because you're picked up some malware. FWIW I don't recall ever having an issue on the site and I spend a lot of time here.

You probably are seeing some unwanted ads courtesy of a tracking cookie or some adware you picked up somewhere. Try cleaning out your cache and doing a restart.

No problems here.

Dell gaming laptop, MS Edge, Windows 10, Norton, no ad blocker right now, and I clean out cookies every weekend before I do my weekly backups.

Have had pop-ups at this site in past years on my iPad using Safari, so I seldom use it here.

Using uBlock Origin with Firefox. Any spam blocked.

Looks like something unique to your situation. Did you try viewing with another browser to see what happens? Maybe that will narrow the reason down a bit.

I was having a lot of problems on iPad with pop up prize announcing windows that obviously was coming from some of the google ads.

Several months ago I installed Wipr which is a type of adblocker that configured Safari and I have not had any problems at all since.

Wipr is not free, but very cheap.

Last edited:
What is going on?

I get malicious spam on my iPad when I am in ER.org pretty regularly. Of course I don't open it, but I have to clear all my Safari history every time. Yes, I have an Ad Blocker (and I've tried two of them), doesn't help.

And now when I'm on ER.org on my PC, I am getting a PUP warning from Malwarebytes.

I know this has been asked here before, but there is some "vulnerability" associated with ER.org.
New Android phone, Chrome browser, and I experienced the same. My pop-up blocker was off, and enabling it cured the problem. It definitely comes from an ER ad. Turning off Javascript is a good idea also.

I use Adblock plus and don’t see any of this.
I had AdBlock Plus on my iPad and it worked for several months, but then it didn’t. So I switched to AdBlocker, that worked better for several months, not anymore.
You probably are seeing some unwanted ads courtesy of a tracking cookie or some adware you picked up somewhere. Try cleaning out your cache and doing a restart.
I clear cookies, cache and website data regularly on my iPad, and several times/week on my PC...

sounds like Apple doing what is does best advertising unnecessary bling

no issues with a Window 10 laptop using a Opera browser and an adblocker ( uBlock original )

FWIW - I never see this problem on my Mac with Safari, where I have no adblocker installed.

It's only on the iPad that I had to install Wipr to eliminate the horrible prize window popup that won't go away.

We got lots of spam here in HI. Not from RE.org, but WWII.
Spam Musabi so ono.

Back
Top Bottom