Effects of aging Part 2

Today's doc told me what I expected. Could be TIA's so are setting me up with a neurologist. He did say if I have anymore blurred episodes to head for ER as they can find more out when it's fresh.....so to speak.

Bump: DH had his renal cryoablation today to freeze a quarter-size tumor on his left kidney. Took him a bit to come out of general anesthesia, but he walked out of the hospital.

Interventional radiologist (a specialty I was not aware of until now!) was very positive about the results. Tumor frozen to smithereens!

Bump: DH had his renal cryoablation today to freeze a quarter-size tumor on his left kidney. Took him a bit to come out of general anesthesia, but he walked out of the hospital.

Interventional radiologist (a specialty I was not aware of until now!) was very positive about the results. Tumor frozen to smithereens!

Great news!

I had by an operation by an interventional radiologist - blocking individual veins to fibroids (non cancerous growths) in my uterus. They insert tiny beads held in place by blood flow/pressure. Kills the fibroid and makes it shrink. Pretty wild stuff.

Today's doc told me what I expected. Could be TIA's so are setting me up with a neurologist. He did say if I have anymore blurred episodes to head for ER as they can find more out when it's fresh.....so to speak.

Brief update. Saw a neurologist and he said my blurry symptoms sounded more like silent migraines. Racing heart could be from the excitement of the event. But wants to rule out other possible reasons like TIA's. He also said glaucoma could cause blurry vision which I have.

I had an ultrasound on my carotid arteries earlier in the week. The lady performing the test said it looked fine to her but a doc would review. Haven't heard from him. My neurologist put me on a med for migraines and if nothing else.....it does make me sleep better. Also put me on a b12 supplement as blood work showed I had a low count there. And guess what......a deficiency in b12 can cause intermittent blurry vision so I read.

Will have a MRI and MRA performed at some point. Hopefully after medicare kicks in on July 1. Who knows if I will ever get a handle on what is the cause of my symptoms. Lot's of possibilities.

Six month update.

After 6 months from SVT fix, I have this to report. This is more of a health summary.

SVT issue - totally gone, walking average of 10,000 steps per day with no issues related to accelerated and high heartbeat. All heart and artery tests show me as "heart healthy" for my age.

My annual physical was last week. Weight is down 10 pounds from last physical (one year ago). All blood work was normal, PSA test was 1.13. Still would like 20 more pounds to slip away.
5/ 2019 - Cholesterol results

Chol - 180 (vs 160 2018)

Trig - 60 (58)

HDL - 66 (56)

LDL (calculated) - 102 (98)

VLDL - 12 (12)

CHD Risk - 2.73 (2.96)

Not much difference from last year. My diet is not that great, either. :blush:

Had my eye exam today (last one was in 2013) :ermm:. Cataracts are about 5 - 10 years away (just starting to be graded). Prescription was pretty much the same with only the right eye showing a slight difference. Doc said with my current glasses I am still 20/20.

All in all, still pretty healthy for a 75 1/2 year old.

(But as we know, things can go south in a heartbeat):hide:

That is all good news, well done. :dance:

Three months later

All this walking, averaging slightly over 10,000 steps per day for the last 8 months) is doing great for my heart and weight (lost about 6 pounds last month or so). No occurrence of SVT!! :cool:

But...some groin area pain (right side) I had this early Spring has gotten worse and had me worried as it has spread. I can still walk OK after forcing myself to "get past" the pain and keep going until the pain is easily tolerable. On a hunch, I made an appointment with the Doc that replaced my left hip 10 1/2 years ago.

Xrays indicted osteoarthritis in the hip area and a bone spur. Plus an area where it appears the cartilage is gone or just about gone. :(

My total hip replacement surgery is now scheduled for November 18th. :blush: The Doc (Stefan Kreuzer, Houston) will do the Anterior Procedure like he did on the left hip.

(at least it's not a knee replacement!):)

It's been 2.5 months since I had the heart procedure to shut down the circuit that, on occasion, presented me with SVT. The good news is that there has been no recurrence of SVT since the procedure and I am doing all the exercises I did before and even more. My pulse rate is about 55 BPM at rest and averaging about 110 BPM while briskly walking or doing yard work. Not once has it gone into the "you are passing out" ranges. :)

I monitor my pulse rate with a Fitbit Versa and have it on constantly.

So as far as I am concerned, the surgical procedure was a success. :cool:

Faster, better looking, more agile....... One can dream!

Really? I don't have a heart problem. Wonder if they would give me the procedure if I ask for it. :)

All the best for your next THR, let’s hope it goes as well as the first one.

All this walking, averaging slightly over 10,000 steps per day for the last 8 months) is doing great for my heart and weight (lost about 6 pounds last month or so). No occurrence of SVT!! :cool:

But...some groin area pain (right side) I had this early Spring has gotten worse and had me worried as it has spread. I can still walk OK after forcing myself to "get past" the pain and keep going until the pain is easily tolerable. On a hunch, I made an appointment with the Doc that replaced my left hip 10 1/2 years ago.

Xrays indicted osteoarthritis in the hip area and a bone spur. Plus an area where it appears the cartilage is gone or just about gone. :(

My total hip replacement surgery is now scheduled for November 18th. :blush: The Doc (Stefan Kreuzer, Houston) will do the Anterior Procedure like he did on the left hip.

Best wishes. Wow!

Good luck with your total hip replacement surgery, Aja8888! November 18th will be here before you know it.

Yes.....hip replacement should be a piece of cake compared to a knee. Good luck.

Saw my cardiologist a few days ago. He was satisfied with my neurologist's diagnosis of migraines that caused my blurry vision which in turn caused a racing heart(probably panic attack). So he cut me loose. Will stay on the migraine med for now and see how it goes. Follow up visit to the neurologist in December.

All the best for your next THR, let’s hope it goes as well as the first one.

Thanks Alan. :)

Best wishes. Wow!

That's what thought when I saw the X Ray.:facepalm:

Good luck with your total hip replacement surgery, Aja8888! November 18th will be here before you know it.

I picked the date to get me within one day of 11 years since the first hip replacement. Plus, the World Series will be over and pro football will be early in its season. :D

Yes.....hip replacement should be a piece of cake compared to a knee. Good luck.

Saw my cardiologist a few days ago. He was satisfied with my neurologist's diagnosis of migraines that caused my blurry vision which in turn caused a racing heart(probably panic attack). So he cut me loose. Will stay on the migraine med for now and see how it goes. Follow up visit to the neurologist in December.

I'll take cake anyday!! All good news on the heart stuff... good to hear! Keep us posted.

I wish your situation would improve. Wish you the best of health.

Back
Top Bottom