how much milk do you drink and what type?

Obviously an error in judgement on my part. Apologies.

No problem as it allows me to update my response.

Now I drink FAT FREE milk, as I read you are what you eat. ;)

I actually switched to fat free, as buying different grades of milk was annoying to DW if we ran out of skim, so now I just buy skim and use it in my coffee and everything else.

I get 2 gallons at a time at our local grocery stores as they have a constant special of two for $5. :dance:

I drink a glass of organic fat free milk everyday and use it in my oatmeal/cereal. At 71 yo I feel it provides good protein and calcium.

My milk story from the 1st thread...

Whole milk... I will drink my coffee black before I put in any skim or 1%...
My favorite milk story...
As a kid I loved getting milk from my uncle Frank, fresh out the cow... Pale would set on the counter and after a while skim the fat off..... YUM....
Well I moved off, and one day I walked into a store... Family owned dairy chain, Fridge full of all different dairy stuff... and I spot a container labeled SKIM Milk.... Just the name took me back to my Uncles... bought a pint, stepped outside, opened and....
YUCK!!!! I spit that crap out... It was just white water...

I prefer my milk in churned/frozen form, with some oreos mixed in. :D

Otherwise, I mostly go for yogurt. We do normally have 1% or 2% in the house, but I've never been one to simply down a tall glass of milk. I'd sooner get my calcium from spinach.

We drink a couple gallons of 1% a week. I love ice cold milk. We also usually have a half gallon of whole milk in the fridge for with coffee and for DGS.

I grew up on whole milk, later 2% and now 1%. Can't go to skim/fat free though... just white water to me.

No milk here. But I do have whole milk yogurt each morning with homemade granola and fresh berries.
Love ice cream, especially Blue Bell but don't indulge often.
Isn't there calcium in bacon?

We use skim milk. I put it in cereal and use it for any cooking needs that call for milk. I use it to make instant pudding. Stuff like that.

How much do I use? Not a lot. We go through a little more than a gallon a week but my daughter uses most of that as she has cereal for breakfast and cereal at bedtime.

My wife almost never uses it except for cooking.

I was going to say I didn't remember the last time I drank milk - but then I did. DH bought the DGDs some organic, grass-fed goat's milk in January and I tasted that.

DH still drinks milk. He buys organic grass fed whole milk, and half and half for his coffee. I drank unsweetened almond milk a while back but I stopped that so we don't have plant-based milk in the house. I try not to drink my plants. Once in a while I'll eat cheese (preferable imported sheep or goat cheese.)

I do not drink milk. I was allergic to it as a child. Same for ice cream to the point where I lost the taste for it for many years.

I grew out of the allergy.. I eat ice cream occasionally, take milk in my coffee but that it the extent of it. I cannot remember having a glass of milk or even drinking milk over at least the last 20 years.

My spouse never drinks it. Has no taste for it. She is lactose intolerant. Uses it in cooking/baking/coffee/tea of course. The only time she drank milk, and it was lactose free, was during pregnancy 35 plus years ago.

We both eat a fair amount of cheese though.

Neither of our two children drank milk regularly though we always had it available for them. Two of four grandchildren drink it.

4L, a US gallon equiv, of 2% will last us three weeks. We always select the jug that has the longest best before date.

Last edited:
We only buy grass fed organic dairy products. Grass fed milk tastes delicious! We use a half gallon per week.

Last edited:
Only 2% and between 1-2 quarts per week with a lot that in baking muffins, making pudding.

Whole milk but just when I have cereal for breakfast. About three times a week.

I use about a litre of 1% a week for making cappuchinos in my Keurig. Otherwise, I don't actually drink cow juice.

Mind you, I make up for it with my cheese consumption... :)

We drink whole milk from HEB with 13g of protein and 6g of sugar. Primarily for cereal.

We use Fairlife fat-free milk on our oatmeal every morning and go through 2 bottles every 3 days. It has half the sugar, double the protein and it's also lactose free. The fat-free milk tastes like other brands 2% milk. It is creamy and tasty.

I'm curious do they add anything to make it taste likec2%?

Whole milk. Very little. I believe we purchased 2 gallons last year. We eat cheese a lot and occasionally have yogurt.

No milk, but plenty of cheese and nonfat cottage cheese. DW uses rice milk on her cereal in the morning, which we both agree is like water with a little white paint in it. But it's wet and the color is reminiscent of cow's milk.

FIT 2 percent (darigold) which is similar to Fairlife. It's good in coffee as it seems to be a bit "thicker" than standard 2 %

Their nutrition info says: 75% more protein and 40% less sugar than our regular whole milk.

I drink about a cup a day (coffee and cereal)

I use half-n-half. Less than 1/4 cup per day in my coffee.

I don’t worry about consuming cholesterol. Pretty much the nutrition police have said it’s not a nutrient of concern. Your body makes cholesterol regardless of what you eat.

I'm curious do they add anything to make it taste likec2%?

Fairlife "ultra-filter" their milk. Half the sugar (6g vs. 12g), double the protein and they taste creamy. It is not watered down like regular skim milk.

I drink about a gallon a week, mostly with hot/cold breakfast cereal (or waffles or pancakes) and late-night snacks. Once in a while when I make chocolate milk with a burger.

Before I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2015, it was whole milk. But after being diagnosed, I was advised to switch to a less fatty milks, so I switched to 2%. Anything less fatty tasted too watery. I still drink whole milk once in a while because a nearby mini-mart doesn't have 2% available all the time on the rare occasions I have to buy milk there instead of the well-supplied supermarket. After years of drinking 2%, it tastes like half-and-half now.

The chocolate part of the chocolate milk I make with the burgers in my post-diabetes era consists of unsweetened cocoa and a sugar substitute. I have to nuke the milk to get it to blend with the chocolate, the refrigerate it for a little while to get it cold again.

None. I don't know any adults who just "drink milk". I mean of course I might not know if they did since it wouldn't come up in most conversations but I have never actually seen one do it. I avoid sat fat though so I'd have to pick one that was .5 or less per serving (if that is even a thing idk).

Back
Top Bottom