Raisins soaked in gin

Glo

Recycles dryer sheets
Maybe a lot of you have heard of this, but this helps arthritis.

Soak 1# golden raisins in one pint of gin for 5-7 days, unrefrigerated. Then transfer all to a mason jar or a similar container; do not refrigerate. Each day eat a spoonful of the concoction, making sure you eat between 8 and 10 raisins. Within 2 weeks your arthritis will be better. Not cured, but it does make a difference. I have arthritis in my hips and have a difficult time sleeping on my side. After 10 days, I could sleep much more comfortably.

Disclaimer: its the worst tasting stuff on the planet; but if it helps, you can choke anything down, right?

Soak 1# golden raisins in one pint of gin for 5-7 days, unrefrigerated. Then transfer all to a mason jar or a similar container; do not refrigerate.
My recently deceased FIL tried this a few years back. He got better results throwing out the raisins and drinking the gin....

I soak raisins in courvoisier (cognac - French brandy) before putting them in my apple strudel! Yummm!

Gin - ick!

Audrey

Did the gin & golden (unsulpherated AIR) raisins and enjoyed it - nice way to start the day. Quit after the first jar, kind of like my spoonful of honey & apple cider vinegar in glass of water day starter. Interesting, just didn't keep up the habit and it didn't give me super powers or nothin'.

I'm with Audrey. I suspect the benefits come from the alcohol, and the gin just makes it taste more like medicine so the user won't feel guilty.

My suggestion is to soak the raisins in something compatible with fruit - brandy is best, but rum, or whiskey will work - and put them in apple pie, over vanilla ice cream, or in muffins (Betty White, are you listening?)

Amethyst

That makes sense; I know many people who swear three (or six) gin-soaked olives a night cure what ails them, so why not raisins :)

Maybe juniper berries have a mystical power all their own, unlike grape-based elixirs.

Fruit soaked in grappa is pretty good too!

Audrey

P.S. Just throw the juniper berries in your sauerkraut!

I'm with Audrey. I suspect the benefits come from the alcohol, and the gin just makes it taste more like medicine so the user won't feel guilty.

My suggestion is to soak the raisins in something compatible with fruit - brandy is best, but rum, or whiskey will work - and put them in apple pie, over vanilla ice cream, or in muffins (Betty White, are you listening?)

Even the neutral taste of Vodka (which is Gin without the Juniper Berry flavoring) would be a much better choice. (I mean if there is any validity to this, of course.) My choice, however, would be Brandy... or, even better, B & B.

I soak raisins in courvoisier (cognac - French brandy) ...

Just hold the raisins...
img_936036_0_0e35db0c482943c3119f423c6191d5ca.jpg

If you must have some fruit, this works too.

104395_big.gif

No risk of arthritis here. :angel:

I've heard of cutting a one-inch hole in the end of a watermelon, standing it on end and upending a bottle of vodka into it so soak overnight.

A couple slices of that might help too. And if it doesn't, you won't care.

Back
Top Bottom