Think I'm Going Nuts

I can't imagine. I've heard they are incredibly painful to pass.

I can't help chiming in here since it happened to me so recently. Here is what my Dr said. The "pain" you always hear about with kidney stones isn't in the actual passing of it. You could pass one and not even know it. Before it gets dislodged and sent out you have these bouts of back pain plus the general urinary tract irritative symptoms.

Maybe Lawman can corroborate this.

I can't help chiming in here since it happened to me so recently. Here is what my Dr said. The "pain" you always hear about with kidney stones isn't in the actual passing of it. You could pass one and not even know it. Before it gets dislodged and sent out you have these bouts of back pain plus the general urinary tract irritative symptoms.

Maybe Lawman can corroborate this.

As I understand once the stones get to the bladder they are not usually too painful. Mine were not too bad but thankfully they were small enough to pass. Those that can be excruciating are the one's that remain in the kidney or those that get lodged in the tube that connects the bladder to the kidney ..I had one that did that and I was barely able to drive myself to the emergency room..Once they get to the bladder they usually pose little problem..

My dad grew up on a peanut farm and ate peanuts almost every day of his life of 96 healthy years. I love peanuts (and all nuts) and I eat a fair amount every day. They don't seem to make me gain weight.

I had gestational diabetes so I get familiar with blood sugar and the many benefits of nuts. Now I eat them often. Omega 3 trail mix from walmart, butcalso have your trued roasted peanuts on greek yogurt with fruit? Really good. Same for chopped walnuts. And agree a palmful of almonds will really tide you over. Also discovered chia seeds. Excellent sprinkled on yogurt. Watch the yogurt though. Added sugar will blow your mind. Compare oikos triple zero and 2 Good to the largely advertised brands like Danon etc. The added sugar is truly unneccesary. You wont miss it and the fruit by comparison tastes like candy

One added benefit of peanuts is increased libido (arginine-> nitric acid-> :))

:dance: I do not like any other nuts, but I love to eat a lot of peanuts :D. It is my third favorite healthy snack after navel oranges and pineapple.

My favorites these days are the Sachs shelled unsalted peanuts. If I want a taste of salt, I'll add it, but I almost never do that, these taste fine unsalted. The fat in peanut is healthy, and my DNA analysis indicates my weight is not associated with fat intake.

Speaking of nuts, has anyone tried the Costco Praline Pecans?
Heavenly!
I consider them more candy with a touch of protein;)
I only allow myself a small amount each day, they are addicting!

Happy to see so many peanut enjoyers here. My usual 1 pound bottle of peanuts was sold out at my food store, but they had peanuts in the shell available for even less per pound. They were $1.65 per pound, in a two pound bag. One pound bottle was $1.89 per pound. So I bought the bag of peanuts with shells. I have fun cracking the shells and eating the peanuts one at a time. Unsalted. I thought I would miss the salt, but I don't. And the weight of the shells is miniscule, so I know I'm getting a good deal.

Looks Like I May Have A Use For The Almonds After All

I've realized that I can't eat much nuts without it upsetting my stomach. This goes with almonds and peanuts. That's a shame as I love the taste.

But now my thought is to use almonds to make almond milk. Already have the blender on order (should arrive today). Looks like this is a common thing as there are a bunch of youtube videos of folks making almond milk.

The jury is out to see if I can tolerate home made almond milk. I can tolerate store bought without issue.

I have an eaten an ounce of pistachios almost every day for most of my adult life. I like other nuts as well, but pistachios are my favorite. I was absolutely delighted when the health benefits of nuts began to be touted. I would find it very difficult to give up nuts.

I regularly snack on peanuts (technically not nuts), cashews, and smoked almonds.

I've realized that I can't eat much nuts without it upsetting my stomach. This goes with almonds and peanuts. That's a shame as I love the taste.

Almonds used to bother my stomach too. Not anymore though, which makes me very happy. I wonder what it is about some nuts that cause stomach issues.

I used to eat 20 almonds every afternoon for a healthy snack, not sure why I dropped the habit.

Now I have Mega Omega mix* from Costco a couple times a week. The trick to not overeating for me is not eating out of the bag, I fill a 4 ounce ramekin and that’s all I get. I do the same with other snack foods, I don’t have them often and only a fixed serving when I do.

* Dried Cranberries,, Dried Mango, Roasted Almonds, Walnuts, Pumpkin Seeds

Now I have Mega Omega mix* from Costco a couple times a week. The trick to not overeating for me is not eating out of the bag, I fill a 4 ounce ramekin and that’s all I get. I do the same with other snack foods, I don’t have them often and only a fixed serving when I do.

* Dried Cranberries,, Dried Mango, Roasted Almonds, Walnuts, Pumpkin Seeds

This looks great. Are you able to find it in the store or do you order online? Thanks.

This looks great. Are you able to find it in the store or do you order online? Thanks.
I’ve been able to buy Mega Omega at Costco every time I need another bag for at least a year, but who knows what the future holds. There’s another similar product I also like, Omega-3 Deluxe with Cranberries, Walnuts, Pepitas, Almonds, Pecans and Pistachios.

507d26b1bbf657e7edda81d68adfa102.jpeg

731273_p_1

I’ve been able to buy Mega Omega at Costco every time I need another bag for at least a year, but who knows what the future holds. There’s another similar product I also like, Omega-3 Deluxe with Cranberries, Walnuts, Pepitas, Almonds, Pecans and Pistachios.

Thanks! It's going on my Costco list.

Just made some almond milk :cool:.

More almond taste than store bought. I think can be addictive.

Attachments

• almond milk.jpg
    almond milk.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 22
I searched this forum for Brazil and hit this thread about nuts.
I thought you go nuts because of the valuation of some Brazilian stocks.
Instead you are promoting nuts. I love the ones from Indonesia.

Tell me, why are Brazilian nuts more healthy than other nuts.
Do the agriculture companies also pay 10 to 20% dividends?

Back
Top Bottom