Cyber Security Protection Firms

Wow!!!?? IBM and Cisco ? I think people have been out of the loop for awhile.

It depends on what you mean by security and their function but FireEye for forensics, penetration testing, etc are the ones that get called in when it hits the fan. They likely have an ongoing operations role but I didn’t explore with their management.

Search for Sony and fireeye. These people are very very well trained.

Did you all know colonial didn’t have a cso. They did hire a person that had most of their career in marketing and finance as their cio. She went from marketing to cio. She had plenty of LinkedIn congrats for executives that were promoted but no technical posts. Odd transition in my opinion. Bet the ceo is regretting that decision.

shocker...!!! colonial hired mandiant (fireeye) to do the work...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/colonial-pipeline-ransomware-attack-everything-you-need-to-know/

a company to perhaps watch in the future for those that are interested in security and investment opportunities.

Last edited:
Anyone but whoever Scripps Healthcare uses... A local hospital/healthcare system that has been hacked and is crippled. Most surgeries canceled, turning away from the ER to other hospitals... They have been cryptic about whether it's ransomware - but they have been down for 10 days... not good for one of the larger hospital & healthcare systems in the county.
https://healthitsecurity.com/news/scripps-health-ehr-patient-portal-still-down-after-ransomware-attack

unfortunately they could never seem to hold onto a CIO/CTO. its a revolving door. Their staff has been quitting the last few years. Poor pay, poor training... the good ole boy network. They would rather spend their money tearing down buildings and adding new ones instead of hiring the appropriate staff. Great locations in a great city, poor management.

The hospitals are controlled by the doctors and nurses (especially the nurses). only in the past few years have they acknowledged that IT is important (EHR)

Last edited:
and offshoring. Did not like what some of that did to our excellent domestic IT employees.
Trust me, you don't want to get me started on offshoring!

I remember the work environment in the 1970's and 80's as an independent consultant. All of those great tax reforms courtesy of Ronnie and Tip killed off many small business opportunities. Water over the bridge as my ESL friend says.

How about ETFs focused on cyber security? Some passive index funds for cyber defense:
iShares Cybersecurity and Tech ETF IHAK:NYSE Arca
Global X Cybersecurity ETF BUG:NASDAQ
First Trust NASDAQ Cybersecurity ETF CIBR:NASDAQ
ETFMG Prime Cyber Security ETF HACK:NYSE Arca

When the big breach comes we'll need many hands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom