Join Early Retirement Today

Dutch Bros public offering
Old 09-09-2021, 08:49 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Dutch Bros public offering

Hi,

I read that Dutch Bros is moving toward a public offering. While I am mostly in funds, it seems every time I pass any oh the Dutch Bros locations there is a line of cars. The article suggested some family issues but also professional management. They are hoping to expand.

Anyone know anything about them. Would you consider this opportunity or pass?

Thanks
savory is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2021, 09:10 AM   #2

Simple google search turned up: https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...llionaire.html

Never heard of it, very limited footprint. The provisions making it difficult to be bought out make me pause, it's value may be as a take over candidate.
RE2Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:22 AM   #3

several here in the Valley. Always packed at drive thru partially because there isn't a whole lot of room inside the actual facility ala at Starbucks. Seems to be a big hit with kids though. Kind of an anti Starbucks.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:36 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Better coffee than Starbucks!
high impact energy drinks, many with reminiscent flavors of child hood--per my kids who love Dutch Bros
You can tell them any flavor you are thinking of and the kids (highly energetic,friendly young folks work there) will come up with a coffee for you--my last one was a campfire s'mores marshmallow, sounds sweet but it wasn't--just had a pleasant slightly sweet smokey taste.
Hope the stock sell goes well. One of the brothers died from ALS a few years ago.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #5

Interesting, but unless you've been to their shops or tried their products, I'm not sure it is going to get widespread notice around the country as the next Starbucks.
Good luck...let us know how it does.
Luvtoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #6

Son loved them when we lived in Colorado. Couldn't open a store unless you had been a previous employee. I see it as a boom!
JDARNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

IPOs...a great way for the founders to cash in while the rest of us plebes get pennies.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:26 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Funny as I had not heard of them either till a month or so ago...

There was a small animal boarding location that went out of business when a much nicer one opened up about 1/4 mile away... so the building was tore down and I was wondering what was going in its place... the first time I drove by I only say Dutch and was thinking it was a paint store as there was a Sherwin Williams across the street... but then saw Bros...

It is in a bad location... not much room... I am sure they will have problems getting people in and out... for the kids they have to compete with IIRC Boba and a few others besides Starbucks...

Edit to add.... just looked... they are building 4 semi-close to me with one already open... wonder what space the others take.
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:33 AM   #9

It appears that it was a very good IPO day for Dutch Bros. Congrats if you got in early.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dairy...e=morning_brew

Brian
Old 09-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtoride View Post
It appears that it was a very good IPO day for Dutch Bros. Congrats if you got in early.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dairy...e=morning_brew

Brian
It's ALWAYS good for the people that are "in" the initial offering.

I noticed yesterday that we have one in town. It's a couple blocks from a Starbucks. It looks like there is a service window, but can't go in for your beverage. I saw two people standing at the window and 3 cars parked in front. The Starbucks had a line of cars going into the street.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:59 PM   #11

Decided to start a small "play" Roth and bought 40 shares of BROS at $50.65 on 9/27 it has done nicely since then and analysts are going gaga over this stock. I haven't bought any individual stocks for close to 40 years. Any reason to pay attention to what analysts say? I don't have any particular plans for this Roth other than it being a "play" account with no tax consequences but the rate of gains has really perked up my attention and now I'm wondering if I should transfer more funds from regular Roth to this play account. The only reason I bought this stock is that I'm from the area of Oregon where the company originated and I saw how popular their locations are in this neck of the woods. That was the extent of my "research"
ejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejman View Post
Decided to start a small "play" Roth and bought 40 shares of BROS at $50.65 on 9/27 it has done nicely since then and analysts are going gaga over this stock. I haven't bought any individual stocks for close to 40 years. Any reason to pay attention to what analysts say? I don't have any particular plans for this Roth other than it being a "play" account with no tax consequences but the rate of gains has really perked up my attention and now I'm wondering if I should transfer more funds from regular Roth to this play account. The only reason I bought this stock is that I'm from the area of Oregon where the company originated and I saw how popular their locations are in this neck of the woods. That was the extent of my "research"
Good for you. I did not buy in unfortunately.
savory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

I had made a note to look at the stock. It is new to me, but as a regional to national play it could be interesting. More work to do.
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote