Nintendo (NTDOY) - Anyone put some $$ here ?

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone took advantage of the Pokemon Go crazy by putting some $$ on Nintendo ?:dance:
They say more people are on Pokemon than on Twitter.

I don't understand the appeal. I can only assume it'll go away soon and the price will go back down. I'm not touching that stock.

I don't understand the appeal. I can only assume it'll go away soon and the price will go back down. I'm not touching that stock.

No, they just started in 5 countries - US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. They just announced they are going worldwide in 130 countries. It's not going away soon, because millions of people in these other countries are anticipating it's arrival.

Nintendo is a perpetual comeback story.

They've had near-death or shrink to irrelevance experiences so many times, starting before even the Famicom.

I love the company and its pioneering spirit. Famicom, NES, Wii, Game Boy, Pokemon were all breaking the mold, and that's not all they did. The inevitable boondoggle (e.g. GameCube, Virtual Boy) didn't kill them.

I'd never invest in them though. Impossible to predict what they will look like in 10 years.

As a side note: The pokemon craze doesn't necessarily mean outsized profits for them (it could, who knows). Very curious what China & India will do once they release there.

No, they just started in 5 countries - US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. They just announced they are going worldwide in 130 countries. It's not going away soon, because millions of people in these other countries are anticipating it's arrival.

It's hard enough for me to understand why anyone would download it and use it for free. People who actually pay money for the extras defy belief. I guess some people have too much money? I don't know how people in poorer countries will be able to pay for the extras...go without food?

It's hard enough for me to understand why anyone would download it and use it for free. People who actually pay money for the extras defy belief. I guess some people have too much money? I don't know how people in poorer countries will be able to pay for the extras...go without food?

Never underestimate the power of "in app purchases."

I hope the craze dies down sooner than later; some of the local parks around us are being overrun with these "zombies."

I believe the stock price has doubled in the last two weeks. I would say the hype, including for other countries, is already built into the price. I wouldn't touch it myself.

I saw all the kids walking around the local park like zombies and I knew this was big. Went home and bought a small amount of the stock at $28 per share. It treaded water for a day or two and I got nervous and sold for a minimal gain. Stock dropped $3 and I was patting myself on the back for getting out. Now up over $8 above where I sold it in less than a week. Fun to watch this though.....

Back
Top Bottom