Arizona - suggestions for snowbirds?

tvmovie

Confused about dryer sheets
Single lady, not-quite-65 yet and I'm considering snowbirding in the Phoenix area and looking for a place with little up-keep (condo, patio home, casita, townhome) in a friendly 55+ community with lots of fun things to do. I'm looking for recommendations from folks who live in the area - things to look for and places to avoid too. Grateful for all suggestions!

Single lady, not-quite-65 yet and I'm considering snowbirding in the Phoenix area and looking for a place with little up-keep (condo, patio home, casita, townhome) in a friendly 55+ community with lots of fun things to do. I'm looking for recommendations from folks who live in the area - things to look for and places to avoid too. Grateful for all suggestions!

Welcome to the forum!

I have lived in PHX for ten years now-
Have heard good things about:

1. Robson Ranch
2. Solera at Johnson Ranch
3. Sunland Springs Village East
4. Sun Lakes

Have heard bad things about :

1. Leisure World- financial transparency issues with their HOA
2. Sun City- too big

DW and I looked at Phoenix for snowbirding but quickly ruled it out because it was so hectic. We liked Tucson area much better. Finally picked Green Valley AZ ( 30 minutes south of Tucson) in 2008. Population is about 20,000 during snowbird season and about 10,000 when out of season. Extremely active community. There is so much activity that the only way you will be bored is if you desire it that way. The majority of people here are more active than people elsewhere that are 10 to 20 years younger. Quality of life becomes even more important as we get older.

Back
Top Bottom