Europe - Covid Testing For U.S. Reentry

Drake3287

Full time employment: Posting here.
Like many, I have a long delayed trip to Europe planned in late September (Switzerland & Italy) but I'm now nervous about these covid tests the US is still requiring for returning, vaccinated American's. And I've already read a few horror stories.

First off, where do I even get one if my last 2 days are in Milan before I fly back home? Also, what happens if I test positive or even a false positive even though I have no symptoms? How do I go from being at the airport to all of a sudden needing to quarantine in some hotel for 10 days which I don't have a reservation for in the first place?

Has anyone heard any information on when the US might drop these testing requirements for vaccinated American's? As we get closer to American's freely traveling to Europe, this is only going to be a much bigger issue.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

United has a system where you can order tests ahead of time, carry them with you, and use some online interview process to verify the test.

In terms of quarantine requirements - ugh - seems like per CDC guidelines they should drop quarantine requirements for a fully vaccinated person even if you test positive upon returning.

I’d like to think the US will come to its senses and drop this requirement for vaccinated citizens. But either way, I’m choosing not to worry about it. Salzburg is where we will likely have to find a PCR test prior to our departure from Geneva a couple days later.

I’ve just decided to adopt as calm and worry free attitude as I can. I’m gonna enjoy myself and know I’ll be fine no matter what.

I’d like to think the US will come to its senses and drop this requirement for vaccinated citizens. But either way, I’m choosing not to worry about it. Salzburg is where we will likely have to find a PCR test prior to our departure from Geneva a couple days later.

I’ve just decided to adopt as calm and worry free attitude as I can. I’m gonna enjoy myself and know I’ll be fine no matter what.

This is best advise I'm sure! To me, it's one thing being stuck and have to quarantine in Maui while it's another in a foreign country. Hopefully this until situation will become clearer as I get closer to my dates.

My current airline reservations aren't part of that covid free travel system which some are using.

Back
Top Bottom