Stupefyingly boring travel slideshow(s)

thanks for posting. beautiful. DW and I need to travel.

I never get tired of looking at places I haven't been to! Great photos, and nice captioning. Are you using a phone or small camera or DSLR?

I Are you using a phone or small camera or DSLR?

This time out just a couple small cameras, a Fujifilm FinePix, and a Nikon Coolpix.........for our next, somewhat longer excursion, 152 days from now, (but who's counting?), we have an older, purchased used, Olympus E-10 that has more capabilities, so we'll haul it along:

Olympus Camedia E-10 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Yer funny... what a great tour of all the places you didn't buy anything.. :LOL:

y Memsahib es muy hermosa

Thanks for posting. We're looking at a couple of months in Southern Spain in the winter, maybe based in Cordoba. Malaga and Ronda are on the list of places to visit. It's always nice to see what other people notice in areas I'd like to see.

Yer funny... what a great tour of all the places you didn't buy anything.. :LOL:
If we did a second run through of all the places we did buy something we could likely leave our car double parked at Toronto Airport. :LOL:

y Memsahib es muy hermosa
She says "Thank you".......(geez, she already knows she's twice as smart as me....now this?) ;)

Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed your clever captions.

Cool beans! Thanks for the photos and captions - looks like a good time was had by all!

Thanks for the link. I like the photo of your wife framed in the window at Alora.

Nice photos.

I was expecting to see you enjoying tapas at a lively bar. That was one of the fun things I liked in Spain, and I rarely go to bars.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice trip. How is your sciatica doing? Looks like it wasn't holding you back!

Looks good! We were docked right next to you in Nassau on Dec 1st. We didn't get off the ship though (first 6 times in Nassau were nice enough and we're going again next week with all the kiddos). On the Carnival Elation. I think you guys were in the middle and we were docked closest to shore and the Carnival Pride was furthest from the land. I watched you all sail away!

We'll be in Malaga for a few days (not sure how many) in mid-June and those pics look great.

Thanks for sharing the pics. You both seem to really enjoy your trips. You are a cute couple!

We were in Malaga in October and walked a few streets. But like Porto Santo, only had a few hours...had to get back on the ship.

Looks like a nice trip. How is your sciatica doing? Looks like it wasn't holding you back!

It comes and goes....certainly nowhere near as bad at the moment as it was in northern Spain this Spring.....I DO take a couple extra strength Tylenol a day though, and use the cane; a little self conscious about that at first, but you know you're adapting when you start using it to point at things, rather than using a finger. :LOL:

Thanks for asking.

Looks good! We were docked right next to you in Nassau on Dec 1st. We didn't get off the ship though (first 6 times in Nassau were nice enough and we're going again next week with all the kiddos). On the Carnival Elation. I think you guys were in the middle and we were docked closest to shore and the Carnival Pride was furthest from the land. I watched you all sail away!
Hey...coincidence, eh? Yeah, we saw both the Carnival ships...we were about the first off the Rhapsody, walked up to the fort, etc, before the crowds really got underway. Our first time in Nassau.

We'll be in Malaga for a few days (not sure how many) in mid-June and those pics look great.

We both really like Malaga, it's a mini-Barcelona; I was initally there (a couple times) in the 1960s, and have stopped there on repositioning jaunts in the last few years.....we'd both unhesitatingly return.

It was a great memory of our extended trip in 2005 after the med cruise: Ronda, Antequera, Malaga and I love your captions! It is amazing how little has changed in 10 years. Too bad our "progress" here wasn't similar.

Hey...coincidence, eh? Yeah, we saw both the Carnival ships...we were about the first off the Rhapsody, walked up to the fort, etc, before the crowds really got underway. Our first time in Nassau.

It's a neat town but one we've explored quite a bit. Seems like almost every cruise we go on passes through Nassau (many cruises that leave from Florida hit Nassau at some point, especially the cheapo 5 nighters from Jacksonville which is an easy drive for us). Atlantis is pretty neat if you ever go back, and Junkanoo beach is walking distance from the cruise terminal if you want to dip your feet in the crystal clear water (and we saw a small sea turtle last time we were there).

We both really like Malaga, it's a mini-Barcelona; I was initally there (a couple times) in the 1960s, and have stopped there on repositioning jaunts in the last few years.....we'd both unhesitatingly return.

Good to hear. My only "must see" in southern Spain is El Alhambra in Granada. As part of the 9 week trip, we're flying into Malaga and 9 days later flying out of Seville. Right now we're debating how to allocate days between Malaga, Granada, and Seville and thinking Malaga - 2 days, Granada 3 days, and Seville 4 days (mostly based on size of city). It'll be mid to late June so the temps will start picking up that time of year.

El Alhambra in Granada. As part of the 9 week trip, we're flying into Malaga and 9 days later flying out of Seville. Right now we're debating how to allocate days between Malaga, Granada, and Seville and thinking Malaga - 2 days, Granada 3 days, and Seville 4 days (mostly based on size of city). It'll be mid to late June so the temps will start picking up that time of year.

Visited the Alhambra in 1988; DW's never been, but we passed it up this time in order to visit (somewhat) 'lesser known' locations........we arrived in Malaga this trip the morning of November 01, and departed the afternoon of November 19, and apart from side trips elsewhere did a lot of walking there and never got tired of it.

YMMV, but on a ' 2 days here, 3 days there' kinda schedule, one can waste a lot of precious time locating one's accommodation/checking in, etc; and sightseeing becomes "Wham, Bang, Thank You Ma'am"......... but then again, proximity to the other locales you want to see is a major factor....which is why we limited ourselves to where we visited.

I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless!

My only "must see" in southern Spain is El Alhambra in Granada. As part of the 9 week trip, we're flying into Malaga and 9 days later flying out of Seville.
If you ever want to blow a wad, reserve at the Parador in El Alhambre. It was out most expensive suite by far, but for once in a lifetime, it was worth it. We stayed at Paradores all the way down from Barcelona. Great experience! In Malaga, we preferred being downtown in the action, by shopping and water (at the NH).

Back
Top Bottom