Digital Copies with DVD Purchase

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I had received a couple of BluRay DVDs some time ago as gifts. The DVDs also came with digital copies that can be downloaded. These were standard BRs. I never bothered with it before, but I heard when you download to Apple TV it will upgrade the resolution to 4K HDR/DV. Sure enough that is exactly what happened. I was pleasantly surprised.

I had received a couple of BluRay DVDs some time ago as gifts. The DVDs also came with digital copies that can be downloaded. These were standard BRs. I never bothered with it before, but I heard when you download to Apple TV it will upgrade the resolution to 4K HDR/DV. Sure enough that is exactly what happened. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bet that looks awesome on the new Samsung QD-OLED!

Are these digital copies something like .MP4 files that you store in your Apple account?

Bet that looks awesome on the new Samsung QD-OLED!

Are these digital copies something like .MP4 files that you store in your Apple account?

They do look really good. I am not sure what type of files they are and I'm not exactly sure how these get stored in a users library, but suspect cloud storage.

They do look really good. I am not sure what type of files they are and I'm not exactly sure how these get stored in a users library, but suspect cloud storage.

It would be very efficient to store 1 copy in the cloud, and then a reference for each user to that 1 copy. Instead of storing millions of copies so each user has their "own" copy.

Back
Top Bottom