Planefinder App

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Last week we had a chopper circling the neighborhood around 11pm. It was out there for an hour or so. I checked Nextdoor and sure enough there was some dialogue including a screenshot from the planefinder app. I was vaguely aware but surprised at the level if detail available in the free version. It’s addictive. It showed the chopper circled at least 30 times. Apparently it was a silver alert and the individual was found unharmed.

Flightradar24 is the app I use, fun stuff.

I’ve used Flightradar24 for years and it is a fun tool. When we are at our Jersey shore home, often the flight patterns into JFK and EWR bring planes right over the beach which is only about 30 miles from the airports (low enough to clearly see which airline). My grandkids are fascinated by hearing where each plane is coming from.
I think the app was a $5 one time fee.

Several folks at that W@4K place had it on there phones to track life flights they had called for. I sat and watched one when our son got flown to Charlotte NC..

I’ve used Flightradar24 for years and it is a fun tool. When we are at our Jersey shore home, often the flight patterns into JFK and EWR bring planes right over the beach which is only about 30 miles from the airports (low enough to clearly see which airline). My grandkids are fascinated by hearing where each plane is coming from.
I think the app was a $5 one time fee.

Their website is free.

Wow! I'm so glad I'm ER'd :)
Now, where is my Stressless recliner.

Flightradar24 is the app I use, fun stuff.

I use flightradar24.comand recently signed up for a paid ($30/year) subscription. You may also find marinetraffic.com useful as well as liveatc.com for air traffic control communications.

Is there a free/no registration site I can see the flight path for my flight last week that had to go around. I'm curious what our altitude was when the aborted the approach (thinking about 3000' but it's a pretty uninformed guess). If you all have access it was SW flt 1152 TPA-BNA on 3/3. We got to the airport just as the front hit and had wind shear. Surprisingly, my connection was almost on time (parked on the active runway for 10 min before taking off though) and winds were 33/58 according to my weather app at the time we took off... cabin crew stayed buckled up the entire flight as did the passengers. It wasn't that bumpy but certainly could have been!

ETA, nevermind, that was easier than I thought... when I looked before I couldn't find the history. 2175'

Last edited:
Is there a free/no registration site I can see the flight path for my flight last week that had to go around. I'm curious what our altitude was when the aborted the approach (thinking about 3000' but it's a pretty uninformed guess). If you all have access it was SW flt 1152 TPA-BNA on 3/3. We got to the airport just as the front hit and had wind shear. Surprisingly, my connection was almost on time (parked on the active runway for 10 min before taking off though) and winds were 33/58 according to my weather app at the time we took off... cabin crew stayed buckled up the entire flight as did the passengers. It wasn't that bumpy but certainly could have been!

ETA, nevermind, that was easier than I thought... when I looked before I couldn't find the history. 2175'

Yes you were on final at 3200 and descended to about 2200 before climbing back out to 4000 and repeating at about 3000. Those are calibrated altitudes which could be way off especially in a storm. GPS altitude was generally about 500 feet lower but seldom displayed.

Back
Top Bottom