What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Started watching Mrs. America on Hulu. It's about the ERA movement and shows both sides conniving and dealing. Pretty good especially the hairstyles and clothing. But renews my dislike of all politicians.

Criminal on Netflix.

It's a four-part series; 3 episodes in each part: Criminal UK, Criminal Spain, Criminal France, and Criminal Germany.

I watched all of the UK episodes yesterday. Very well done. I will probably watch Germany next.

I binged "Never Have I Ever" on Netflix this week. It's a really funny, and surprisingly touching, teen sitcom from Mindy Kaling.

We've started "Upload" on Amazon Prime Video. Very inventive science fiction, and funny. It has Robbie Amell in it, so DW thinks it's great!

Youtube has a bunch of semiprofessional channels of semi-reality video that I've found entertaining. I'm a car guy, so auto repair and restoration channels are attractive. One of my favorite recent discoveries is Cold War Motors, a bunch of Albertans whose common characteristic seems to be a stockade fence around a backyard filled with rusting automotive relics.

They had a recent series where two teams raced to get midcentury straight-eight luxury cars (a Packard and a Buick) up and running. The lead character marginally restored a 1949 Frazer as a very ugly grocery-getter. Fun stuff!

I watched a TV series called Condor. I really enjoyed it. I don't know where you can watch it in the US. (I subscribed to Super Channel via AZ Prime Video in Canada.) Not as good as Bodyguard (HBO), but it reminded me of it in some ways (no spoilers!) - Quite entertaining nonetheless. There is a pandemic theme in it though, and it's political...

Some familiar faces (William Hurt, Mira Sorvin. Brendan Frazer from Mummy has gained so much weight...)

I found a full EP1 here (free)...
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uj8y7

Last edited:
Started to watch Unorthodox recently. It's pretty nice show.

Last edited by a moderator:
We tried "The Wire " but just could not get into it . We are watching "Lost ".
Not sure how long you watched "The Wire" but if not long I would give it another chance. I initially was not interested after watching a couple of episodes but came back and I now think it was one of the all time best. Great story with great actors.

Watching Money Heist season 4. Loved Professors planning and his tricks in entire series. During this lockdown, and as busy taking care of kids at home so taking time to finish watching

Started to watch Unorthodox recently. It's pretty nice show.

we also watched that and then moved onto Shtisel keeping with the Jewish Faith, Ultra Orthodox faiths are something we were completely unaware of !

this show trys to look more at the people then the faith, we like it....

Game of Thrones. Watch 2 to 3 episodes after we put 3 small kiddos to bed.

Just finished the battle at Kings Landing near end of Season 2. They made it suspenseful up until last second as always. Some call this the best series ever. I already have some qualms with the writers and directors but the cast, acting and theatrical reward are all top notch.

No spoilers please.

After this series I plan to watch King of Kings to see how they matchup.

Watched about four episodes of a comedy called Rosehaven on Prime Video (only the first season is on Prime, only through 5/31). We laughed pretty hard—will do a free trial of Sundance to watch the rest of the seasons.

Rosehaven is a small (fictional) town in Tasmania, it is proper country, beyond the reach of tree changers. Daniel (Luke McGregor) is moving home to take over the family real-estate business while his domineering and frankly terrifying mother is incapacitated. Daniel’s best friend and perpetual teenager, Emma (Celia Pacquola), arrives at Daniel’s door, hiding out from a marriage that didn’t last the honeymoon.

Daniel offers Emma a job and together they try and turn around a failing business coping with unreasonable landlords, stubborn tenants, sullen staff and never ending (sometimes quite intrusive) invitations to join the local mixed netball team.

Watching Money Heist season 4. Loved Professors planning and his tricks in entire series. During this lockdown, and as busy taking care of kids at home so taking time to finish watching

I thought seasons 1 and 2 were excellent. Season 4 not nearly as good.

Watched all "Criminal" episodes. Interesting, but not show stoppers. What was funny (To me) was the fact that all episodes, UK, Spain, Germany and France all had exactly the same setting, Same office, Same city scape out the windows, same everything with the exception of the characters and the language spoken.

"The Mallorca Files" on Britbox. After watching the first episode, I thought it was a silly show destined to be cancelled right away. It is a good thing my policy is to give a show at least a second chance. Each episode got better and better. I highly recommend it. (My only disappointment was there were only 10 episodes... I look forward to Season 2.)

https://www.britbox.com/us/episode/The_Mallorca_Files_S1_E9_25757

Amongst the vibrant international community of the eponymous Spanish island, a British and a German detective with very different approaches to policing have a clash of personalities. Despite - or perhaps because of - their very different approaches, the sleuths form a perfect complementary partnership as they seek to solve a new crime on the island each week.

"Vintage Roads Great and Small" on Acorn has been a delightful pick-me-up lately. Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison, stars of "All Creatures Great and Small" in the late 1970s, take vintage road trips in a 1930's Morgan 44 across the British countryside, trading jabs as they drive and stopping for various, vintage-car-related diversions. It really took me away from it all for an hour at a time.

This is a documentary on HBO about the life and death of Natalie Wood.

Natalie Wood: What remains behind? Very well done by Amblin Television.

Starting "My Brilliant Friend" on HBO. Subtitled Italian series from the novel by the same title.

Upload on Amazon.

A young software engineer dies when his fully automated self-driving car malfunctions and crashes. His consciousness is uploaded into a virtual world where he lives a life of leisure at a fabulous resort thanks to his wealthy girlfriend's family.

It's a bit strange. I get the idea the writers gather at a pub, have a few beers and then write the script for each episode. At least they did before all the pubs were closed.

If you try it out, you must watch through Episode 2 to find out what is really is going on. That's when the ultra rich Mr. Choak of the Choak Brothers gives us a hint.

Escape to the Country Series 20, Episodes 1 - 25. Love those UK Real Estate shows.
We like them as well. I've been going to youtube and finding playlists, do you know of a way to get link to an entire series versus picking individual episodes. It's hard to keep up with what we've seen already.

In my next life I want a barn conversion!!

I've never been to the UK.....is it as gorgeous as it is portrayed in the series?

Back
Top Bottom