What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Yesterday I binge watched the entire first season of Blood on Acorn.

No spoilers - I will just say I enjoy shows that can still surprise me, and this one did. Looking forward to season 2 in a few days - I need a breather first! :)

Is this just in Canada? Marcella season 3 on Netflix.

None of that explains the "Commissioner," however.

I guess, like all good fiction, one must sometimes suspend belief.

The Commissioner's job is obvious. :D Intimidate the police force while taking credit for their work and rarely handing out a grudging compliment, manipulate the British detective into staying longer than he would like, hobnob with wealthy people on their island estates, and romance beautiful women.

Here's an idea for another good twist. Make the next detective a rather saucy female with a sharp tongue who would put the Commissioner in his place. A fiery woman from Northern Ireland would be perfect.

Last edited:
The Commissioner's job is obvious. :D Intimidate the police force while taking credit for their work and rarely handing out a grudging compliment, manipulate the British detective into staying longer than he would like, hobnob with wealthy people on their island estates, and romance beautiful women.

Here's an idea for another good twist. Make the next detective a rather saucy female with a sharp tongue who would put the Commissioner in his place. A fiery woman from Northern Ireland would be perfect.

Perfect!

Such a soap opera! Loved every minute of it. The plot gets thicker and thicker...

:LOL: Yeah, we're not, (or thought we weren't), 'soap opera' types....we initially found it because Marta D. starred...loved her in Janet King and Jack Irish and thought we'd give it a shot.....now we're hooked.

:LOL: Yeah, we're not, (or thought we weren't), 'soap opera' types....we initially found it because Marta D. starred...loved her in Janet King and Jack Irish and thought we'd give it a shot.....now we're hooked.

Have you watched Crownies? It's the prequel to Janet King, more or less.

Is this just in Canada? Marcella season 3 on Netflix.
Started Marcella 1st season so long ago and for some reason forgot about it. Then finished the 1st season last night. Does she black out and do things she's not aware of? I tried to get the background online and couldn't find it. I'm now starting Season 2.

Started bingeing Grey's Anatomy on Netflix because I like medical dramas. It's definitely heavy on the romance, but fun and since it had a 16 season run (O.O), I have a lot of episodes to watch.

I am having a bad run:

Little Fires Everywhere (hulu)
Run (hbo)
Homecoming S2 (amazon)

All 3: Great acting, interesting characters, compelling premises/starts. All 3, by the end, left me going: wait...what...ugh

Watching Manhunt on Netflix. About the search for the Unabomber. Pretty good so far.

Started bingeing Grey's Anatomy on Netflix because I like medical dramas. It's definitely heavy on the romance, but fun and since it had a 16 season run (O.O), I have a lot of episodes to watch.

Funny, we just finished bingeing Grey’s Anatomy (took many month as we rarely watch more than two in a row...). We liked it quite a bit overall although in 16 seasons, they do have their share of clunker episodes as well.

Anyway, have now moved on to Poldark and the Americans - very different from Grey’s, but enjoy both of those

Finishing up Series #1 of Giri/Haji (Duty/Shame) on Netflix streaming. I have enjoyed the scenes of London & Tokyo and British & Japanese culture. There is one extremely irritating character that I could do without (watch the series and you'll know which one I mean).

I've visited London once as a tourist and several times on business. I've never been in Tokyo or Japan and probably never will - too bad. :(

IL PROCESSO (THE TRIAL) on Netflix is an italian language series that is pretty good in general and very good for any one trying to improve Italian comprehension. Also has the option of watching it all
dubbed into English.
Pretty setting and people- speaking CLEARLY without the often maddening dialects and regional accents that make many Italian movies so hard to learn from. Also Netflix has the option of watching with subtitles in English or in Italian or none for the very advanced. The acting is strong and the story is compelling -although it gets a bit silly in a few tolerable ways towards the end.

we just finished the two seasons ofDead To Me. . we decided to give it a go based on a recommendation from this forum. i didn’t expect much but boy, was i wrong. hoping there is a season 3!

Last night we watched "Vexed" for the first time on Netflix. It's a British cop show with serious crimes but a large dose of comedy and funny one-liners. For the first 10 minutes we thought it was going to border on the stupid but the more we watched the more we found ourselves laughing out loud. If you're into cop shows but need a break from Scandinavian Noir, this is the show for you.

We are almost finished with the docu-series "Lenox Hill" on Netflix. It follows a few neurosurgeons as well as an ER and an OB/GYN physician at a hospital in NYC. It has been fantastic...a realistic look into the lives (and deaths in some cases) of some very ill patients and seeing the very human side of some very talented physicians.

Probably one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. It's an emotional roller coaster, though...so be prepared.

We are almost finished with the docu-series "Lenox Hill" on Netflix. It follows a few neurosurgeons as well as an ER and an OB/GYN physician at a hospital in NYC. It has been fantastic...a realistic look into the lives (and deaths in some cases) of some very ill patients and seeing the very human side of some very talented physicians.

Probably one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. It's an emotional roller coaster, though...so be prepared.
+1 Interesting the docs allowed all the behind the scenes, in their homes, at their retreat on the beach, very personal stuff. I enjoyed the honesty and Yikes...the operating rooms! They're so calm. I think these neurosurgeons are the cream of the crop, top notch.

Back
Top Bottom