What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

We are almost finished with the docu-series "Lenox Hill" on Netflix. It follows a few neurosurgeons as well as an ER and an OB/GYN physician at a hospital in NYC.

I've watched a few of these episodes and have enjoyed them. However, I suspect that the most important questions regarding the state of American healthcare will go largely unanswered (e.g., why is it so expensive?)

My favorite medical documentary remains "Sick Around the World", although after 12 years it is probably woefully out-of-date (hint to documentary filmmakers - we need an update!) :greetings10:

I've watched a few of these episodes and have enjoyed them. However, I suspect that the most important questions regarding the state of American healthcare will go largely unanswered (e.g., why is it so expensive?)

My favorite medical documentary remains "Sick Around the World", although after 12 years it is probably woefully out-of-date (hint to documentary filmmakers - we need an update!) :greetings10:
They do discuss issues with the industry, but they are too busy saving the world to try and change it.

For those of us that have enjoyed "Ozark", it was announced that there will be a season 4 and it will be the last.

Why is it so expensive? If you followed the Lenox Hill series you would see why it's so expensive.....the level of care some of the patients needed was ongoing top flight care and treatment for years..

I enjoy medical real life series and try to focus on the brave mostly upbeat patients and the god given talents of the medical professionals. It's obviously a deeply felt calling for many of the doctors and nurses. The 70 year old cardiac surgeon that saved my DH's life would fit right in on one of these shows. I've never been more impressed by any human then I was by that gentleman.

Last edited:
Age Appropriate Bingeing

I'm new here. So this is my first post, but I wondered if others have found the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as funny as I have. (Am about to watch the last season of Gracie and Frankie on Netflix.) These are silly shows, but they certainly hit the nail on the head with regard to aging. (This is my second day of retirement! YAY!)

Last edited:
Trying Again: Age Appropirate Bingeing

Sorry, I think I am posting this twice, because I haven't quite got the system figured out.

I'm new here (sort of) ... this is my first post (even though I joined a while back), but I wondered if others have found the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as funny as I have. (Am about to watch the last season of Gracie and Frankie on Netflix.) These are silly shows, but they certainly hit the nail on the head with regard to aging. (This is my second day of actual retirement! YAY!)

I am having a bad run:

Little Fires Everywhere (hulu)
Run (hbo)
Homecoming S2 (amazon)

All 3: Great acting, interesting characters, compelling premises/starts. All 3, by the end, left me going: wait...what...ugh

Just curious, why did you feel that Little Fires Everywhere had such a disappointing ending? I recently finished watching it and felt it was one of the better shows, from beginning to end, that I've seen recently. Very, very thought provoking, well-acted, well-written, etc.... IMHO.

I'm new here. So this is my first post, but I wondered if others have found the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as funny as I have. (Am about to watch the last season of Gracie and Frankie on Netflix.) These are silly shows, but they certainly hit the nail on the head with regard to aging. (This is my second day of retirement! YAY!)

We really enjoyed Kominsky method. DW liked Grace and Frankie but since I am a retire AF dude, I have a slight aversion (using nice language here) to *anything* Jane Fonda so I refused to watch it.

edit: Welcome to the forum Dragomira!!!

Sorry, I think I am posting this twice, because I haven't quite got the system figured out.

I'm new here (sort of) ... this is my first post (even though I joined a while back), but I wondered if others have found the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as funny as I have. (Am about to watch the last season of Gracie and Frankie on Netflix.) These are silly shows, but they certainly hit the nail on the head with regard to aging. (This is my second day of actual retirement! YAY!)

Congratulations! I love the Kominsky Method. Michael Douglas just keeps going, he’s has some serious health issues. This thread introduced me to a few great series I may not have found. Stay tuned.

Kominsky method is very good. Probably added to this thread about page 42 or
157. :D Welcome.

After Life with Ricky Gervais really hits close to the bone for widows(ers). The 2nd season was very very good. I'm going to rewatch it.

I just finished the 1st season of Gentified on Netflix. I enjoyed it. A Latino family trying to make a taco store work in a neighborhood that's gentrifying.

After Life with Ricky Gervais really hits close to the bone for widows(ers). The 2nd season was very very good. I'm going to rewatch it.

I just finished the 1st season of Gentified on Netflix. I enjoyed it. A Latino family trying to make a taco store work in a neighborhood that's gentrifying.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will have to check them out. Speaking of Gentrified, "Kim's Convenience" is a pretty good series about a Korean-Canadian family running a small convenience store. It has four seasons and is on Netflix.

they have just released a post-covid episode of lennox hill. the show was shot before the virus hit and they went back to show how they are trying to cope.

they have just released a post-covid episode of lennox hill. the show was shot before the virus hit and they went back to show how they are trying to cope.

It was interesting to see how they changed from the "normal." Seeing these world renounced neurosurgeons work the med/surg floors and calling families of patients that had passed was emotional to watch. I really, REALLY hope there is a second season.

We are nearly done watching the 3rd season of DARK.
We enjoyed the first two seasons, but this third one has thrown me for a loop.
I'm finding it fairly confusing to keep straight all the characters, and where they are located (don't want to spoil it) in the various scenes.
So just a warning, that some may find it twice as confusing as the first two seasons.

Finished season 1 (thats all there is) of Curon. (Netflix)

Great music and scenery, but I predict most ER.ORG members wouldn't care for it.

We are almost finished with the docu-series "Lenox Hill" on Netflix. It follows a few neurosurgeons as well as an ER and an OB/GYN physician at a hospital in NYC. It has been fantastic...a realistic look into the lives (and deaths in some cases) of some very ill patients and seeing the very human side of some very talented physicians.

Probably one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. It's an emotional roller coaster, though...so be prepared.

+1 - I cannot recommend this enough. I'm NEVER tempted to doze off when it's on. I think we have 3 to go and are rationing them out as we don't want it to end.

The physicians appear to be in the top 1% of humans in terms of intelligence, personality, compassion, devotion, etc. I kinda have a crush. :)

Have you watched season 2? I thought that Season 2 was really strange, so Season 3 didn't shock me, as it was sort of in the same vein.
Probably best to watch season 3 then 2 then 1 to end on a high!

Loved season 1

The [Lenox Hill] physicians appear to be in the top 1% of humans in terms of intelligence, personality, compassion, devotion, etc. I kinda have a crush. :)

We aren't privy to the contractual details between Netflix and Lenox Hill, but you can bet that Lenox Hill was granted the right to review and approve all material before publication. Therefore, we shouldn't be surprised that nothing seriously damaging to the reputation of either Lenox Hill or any of its staff is aired. I'm enjoying the series nevertheless - it makes me appreciate being an engineer. Trying to fix things built by evolution and only poorly understood by humans would be an exercise in endless frustration. :greetings10:

Loved Lenox hill, thanks for giving update on new episode.agree with Sumday , all the DR’s are top notch.

We are nearly done watching the 3rd season of DARK.
We enjoyed the first two seasons, but this third one has thrown me for a loop.
I'm finding it fairly confusing to keep straight all the characters, and where they are located (don't want to spoil it) in the various scenes.
So just a warning, that some may find it twice as confusing as the first two seasons.

Same here. Confusing is an understatement. Still kinda interesting, but I’m really hoping it all makes some sense in the end.

I've been watching old seasons of Two and a Half Men with Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer... some episodes are truly hilarious and have me laughing out loud... to the extent of tearing up a couple times. Great old comedy.

I've been watching old seasons of Two and a Half Men with Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer... some episodes are truly hilarious and have me laughing out loud... to the extent of tearing up a couple times. Great old comedy.

Big Bang reruns are on here at 6:30 every evening, and we started re-watching it when the series ended. Much like 2.5 Men, it's great old comedy. With ~12 seasons, it's taken us a while to watch and gives us some good belly laughs. Thanks for the 2.5 Men suggestion. It's amazing how much we've forgotten from Big Bang, so I'm sure this series would be the same.

We really enjoyed Kominsky method. DW liked Grace and Frankie but since I am a retire AF dude, I have a slight aversion (using nice language here) to *anything* Jane Fonda so I refused to watch it.

edit: Welcome to the forum Dragomira!!!

Ditto on anything Fonda is in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom