What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Killing Eve with Sandra Oh. On Hulu, a BBC America production. I've only seen the first two episodes but they are excellant.

We are fairly new to Hulu and love their streaming selection..Thumbs up to Killing Eve...

I really enjoyed “Forever” on Amazon Prime starring Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph. You have to stick with it; if you only watch the first episode you won’t know what this series is about. Or even two episodes.

I looked at the older posts back to June and did not see where anyone suggested this series: "The Bridge" (or "Bron"). It's a Danish/Swedish co-production TV series that started in 2011.

+1 on that. Season two I enjoyed as well, three was a bit .. different.

You might like "Borgen" too. Political drama in Denmark.

"The Bridge" (or "Bron"). It's a Danish/Swedish co-production TV series that started in 2011.

If you have not seen ANY of the international versions, and specifically not the original Danish/Swedish version, please check out Season 1.

FANTASTIC series!

Yellowstone on the Paramount network.
I finished Lost in Space on Netflix
I finished ST Discovery on CBS all Access. Season two comes out in a month I think.

Something that isnt new but was new to me was The Last Alaskans. Really good reality show about Seven families who are the last families allowed to live in the Alaskan wildlife refuge. Once they and they their kids are dead, no one will be allowed to live there.

I really enjoyed “Forever” on Amazon Prime starring Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph. You have to stick with it; if you only watch the first episode you won’t know what this series is about. Or even two episodes.

I agree...that was a good show. We binged that one over two nights. :D

My Brilliant Friend on HBO is hypnotic.

Unlike anything else on TV.

It is in an obscure Neopolitan dialect, alien to even Italians. So it's all subtitles.

House of Cards S6 was disappointing. After the first three eps had to be redone (without Kevin Spacey) it appears the writers and production crew were rushed. Continuity problems, plot holes, important story lines that are simply dropped, what a mess. Relative to the earlier seasons, I'd rate S6 as one of the worst crash and burns in TV history.

Ditto. I thought I was having age-related comprehension issues while watching this - things just weren't making sense. It's as if they made this season just to say they did it. I'd rather just have it end after Season 5 rather than this train wreck.

This has really been a good series. I was slow warming up to it but started catching up on past episodes a few weeks ago. Just completed the first half of season 5 and the second half just started airing on The History channel. Older episodes can be found on Hula and Amazon Prime.

I've always loved The Profit on CNBC, but now I am really enjoying the new a "Inside Look" version.

Thanks to all who recommended Broadchurch (Netflix). Put down the first 5 episodes on Christmas night!

I signed up for a 30 day free trial of Showtime. Started watching Ray Donovan and Billionaires. May keep Showtime for a while. Lot's of good programming there.

Currently watching "The Great Escapers" a documentary series on Netflix that shows the lives of UK expats as they start new businesses abroad (mainly France and Spain so far). Also watching "Jamestown" on PBS.

Just finished watching an Australian series "Wanted" on Netflix (sort of a Thelma and Louise theme). Prior to that I watched "The Last Kingdom" also Netflix. Somewhat similar to "Vikings".

Netflix “escape to the continent “ is about Brits looking to move to the continent. Good if you have ever wondered what some French or Śpanish or Italian homes might offer.

“Flowers “ is a comedy series about a wacky British family.

Just finished first season of Bosch. It's a good police show but not in the league of say The Wire. Interestingly, at least two major actors from the latter have significant roles in Bosch. The title character is hard to relate to imho but maybe that's intentional.

Am enjoying new series on Netflix called Derry Girls about a group of high school girls and their families growing up in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. It is a comedy and it’s humor reminds me of Shameless.

Rocky and Bullwinkle reboot on Prime. A little louder and more manic than the original but plenty of eye rolling puns.

This has really been a good series. I was slow warming up to it but started catching up on past episodes a few weeks ago. Just completed the first half of season 5 and the second half just started airing on The History channel. Older episodes can be found on Hula and Amazon Prime.
Needs more blood gore & sex.

Back
Top Bottom