What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

We're on season 3 of Halt and Catch Fire. I remember those days, had a guy I worked with who had a BBS and helped him with some of the growing pains. Listened to his dreams of becoming the next Compuserve or AOL, haha. Fun series.

Have watched a few episodes of The Wilds and Handmaidens Tale. Cannot get into these near as much as Mad Men or Ozarks.

DW & I are hooked on Red Rock, on Amazon Prime. It's an Irish drama about the Garda (National Police) and two feuding families in the fictional Dublin suburb of Red Rock.

It was originally a daytime show, and each episode is just a half hour (actually about 20 minutes since there are no commercial breaks). I guess you could call it a soap opera? Amazon has three seasons totaling 230 episodes. We're about half way through season one.

Good characters and story lines, although subtitles can be necessary as the Irish brogue gets a little thick at times.

BrianB

If these have already been suggested sorry I just found this thread and only read the last couple of pages not all 117 pages.

We have been enjoying Being Erica and Younger both on standard Hulu and probably other places. Neither are brand new. We found Younger after really like the actress in Bunhead and looking what else she has been in. If you watch Bunhead, watch beyond the first episode it goes in a complete different direction by the end of the first episode.

Wandavision on Disney+ (we subbed for a free month just for it). If you're not into the MCU at all, it might not have much appeal. If you have to google MCU, even less. But it's fun and different and quick - 20 min episodes, 9 in the series, last airs today. The first three were cute but I wasn't that into it, then in ep4 you start to see what's really going on and it's a ride from there. If you have the time, and any appetite for comic books/superheros, and/or some old sitcom nostalgia, I highly recommend. You don't need to know the backstory of the characters or anything, that all gets filled in nicely.

Just read they had 10 MCU coming out this year and most of it will hit Disney+ which seems like a lot. I liked Wandavision and we watched the first episode of The Falcon and winter soldier and at the end I was like oh yeh thats not a movie, its a series, but I give it props for production value.

I bought a 3 years discount package of Disney+ when it started, glad to see they are pushing out content.

All on Acorn:

I finished Inspector George Gently.
I finished Rebus.

I am starting Murder Investigation Team.

I came across “The Food That Built America” on the History Channel. It was interesting, particularly the segment on baked goods, specifically Nabisco.

My grandfather worked in Nabisco’s Chicago plant on the southwest side. The segment mentioned Hydrox cookies which I remember as a kid. We always thought Oreos were much better. :)

My grandfather worked in Nabisco’s Chicago plant on the southwest side. The segment mentioned Hydrox cookies which I remember as a kid. We always thought Oreos were much better. :)

I always like Hydrox better till they changed them to taste more like Oreos.

Another of our other favorite series, which is still going, with 13 seasons available to binge is The Murdoch Mysteries. We just finished season 13 and are waiting for another season to be made available.

I came across “The Food That Built America” on the History Channel. It was interesting, particularly the segment on baked goods, specifically Nabisco.

We started watching a similar show, "Food, Fact or Fiction" on the cooking channel. It's fascinating but we usually find some new food craving as a result.

that's cuz they were better. :dance:

Watching Black sails on hulu - 4 seasons, interesting story (at least for me) - be warned violent, nudity.

Another of our other favorite series, which is still going, with 13 seasons available to binge is The Murdoch Mysteries. We just finished season 13 and are waiting for another season to be made available.

This seems interesting enough to check out. It’s not on any of my current streaming services but I see it on Acorn. That’s a good reason to try the Acorn 7-day trial. Thanks!

Watching Black sails on hulu - 4 seasons, interesting story (at least for me) - be warned violent, nudity.

That's funny, I'm currently watching it too. Just about to end Season 2.

It is as you say a VERY adult pirate drama. You can see the network poured a lot of money into it though. Amazing scenery and faithful recreations of the ships and towns.

Wish they had of made more !

It's pirate's mate, what else would you expect...:cool:

This seems interesting enough to check out. It’s not on any of my current streaming services but I see it on Acorn. That’s a good reason to try the Acorn 7-day trial. Thanks!

Use code WINTER30 for a free 30 day trial for new and returning (1year + since last join) members.

+ Liked British legal series Silk on Hulu. Season two was mellifluous :).

Last edited:
Shtisel on Netflix -- the long-awaited Series 3 drops today!

And Srugim on Amazon Prime (it is sort of "Friends" among the young professional Orthodox in Jerusalem).

Both are from YES Israeli TV.

We're on season 3 of Halt and Catch Fire. I remember those days, had a guy I worked with who had a BBS and helped him with some of the growing pains. Listened to his dreams of becoming the next Compuserve or AOL, haha. Fun series.

We lived in Silicon Valley in the 80s and 1 of us was an engineer the other in biotech. Those were some exciting times and that series captures it well.

Just finished Who Killed Sara on Netflix. 6 part movie.

Also started Discovering Italy by Stanley Tucci on CNN streaming.

Great series. Just as much a business show as it is about food. I’m amazed with each episode about the risks these early entrepreneurs took.

Back
Top Bottom