What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Could’ve sworn it was just 3 bodies in that problem. But inflation is effecting everything these days.
:2funny:
I must have been thinking about something else and typed 8 instead of 3! :uglystupid:

Could’ve sworn it was just 3 bodies in that problem. But inflation is effecting everything these days.

The aliens have tricked you with a fancy font that makes it hard to recognize on a TV screen. Clever rascals.

three-body problem, in astronomy, the problem of determining the motion of three celestial bodies moving under no influence other than that of their mutual gravitation. No general solution of this problem (or the more general problem involving more than three bodies) is possible, as the motion of the bodies quickly becomes chaotic.

Last edited:
Boy, just finished season 1 of 3 Body Problem. Loved it. Best sci-fi I’ve seen in a good while. Can’t wait for season 2.

Well, have watched the first show and it does seem like it is going to be good... I am forming an opinion of where it is going but hope I am surprised...

Thanks to the first to post...

Started "Allegiance" a benign Canadian Rookie Cop Show. A bit like FBI but IMHO quite family friendly, a lot of folks here who do not like the tradition blood, gore, sex and violence should like it.

Not sure how long it will hold our interest, but we plod on.

Enjoying Palm Royale on Apple TV. Kristin Wig is terrific and carries it. Show is a zany peak into the life of Palm Beach society and its weird aspirations. Probably kinda true, too.

The Universe Series

7 seasons for a total of 88 episodes. Really interesting stuff.

Is "Allegiance" the 2015 series or the new 2024 series? I see neither is available on streaming, where did you watch it?
Thanks!

Last night I watched the first episode of “The 3 body problem” on Netflix. It’s a US adaptation of the Chinese sci-fi story by Liu Cixin. The books (3) were top notch sci-fi and the story complex. The first season is 8 episodes, all released. I liked it and thought they did a good job of simplifying the story line to make it easier to turn into a limited series.

I did not read the books. I was disappointed with the last 2 episodes. Is the book even close to that storyline?

I did not read the books. I was disappointed with the last 2 episodes. Is the book even close to that storyline?

I haven’t seen episode 8 yet so I can’t say for sure. So far, the premise and basic plot is the same but the story is built a little differently. This is likely an effort to make it a bit easier to follow and make the storyline a little more relevant to western audiences.

Yes, the overall ideas and key points are taken from the books.

The books jump around in time, the series does not, excluding the cultural revolution parts. So different parts of the books are covered at different times in the series.

I don’t want to say too much (no spoilers). I finished watching the series and think they did a good job in presenting the story from the books. It did take me a minute to figure out the mapping between characters in the books to characters in the series.

Curious to see how season 2 plays out, so hopefully it’s renewed.

Is "Allegiance" the 2015 series or the new 2024 series? I see neither is available on streaming, where did you watch it?
Thanks!

We do not use any streaming service. It aired on CTV in Canada. We downloaded the whole series via our UK video Club.

Last edited:
"Slow Horses" on Apple TV. Watched season 1 in two sittings (six episodes). Slough House is an MI5 office where the rejected spies are put out to pasture. Gary Oldman plays the old and cranky boss at this outpost. Good cast of characters and an engrossing story.

I do like my spy thrillers and this was surprisingly good. Definitely will be watching S2.

"Slow Horses" on Apple TV. Watched season 1 in two sittings (six episodes). Slough House is an MI5 office where the rejected spies are put out to pasture. Gary Oldman plays the old and cranky boss at this outpost. Good cast of characters and an engrossing story.

I do like my spy thrillers and this was surprisingly good. Definitely will be watching S2.

I thought season 3 was just as good as seasons 1 and 2. It's one of those shows that I wished had more episodes or aired more frequently that once a year. So engaging.

I enjoyed "The Tourist" on Netflix - an Irish man wakes up after an auto accident in the Australian Outback with no idea who he is, or why so many people want to kill him. There are lots of plot twists and surprises.

I enjoyed "The Tourist" on Netflix - an Irish man wakes up after an auto accident in the Australian Outback with no idea who he is, or why so many people want to kill him. There are lots of plot twists and surprises.

I enjoyed it also. There's a second season out now. Jumps the shark in a few points but still very good.

Started The Gentlemen on Netflix. Really enjoying this 8 episode series.

I finished the 3 Body Problem, I felt the last episode and ending were strong and well thought out despite not being totally aligned with the book. Like others, I too hope they renew for another season, but given the $20M per episode cost, fear they will drop it.

I finished the 3 Body Problem, I felt the last episode and ending were strong and well thought out despite not being totally aligned with the book. Like others, I too hope they renew for another season, but given the $20M per episode cost, fear they will drop it.

Yes, in the last two episodes they tied up a lot of loose ends that I suspect made the overall plot hard to follow for many people.

While it does deviate a lot from the book, most of that seems to be to make the movie more palatable to Western audiences. In the books, most of the main characters were Chinese which should not be a surprise. Instead in this TV show we have a group of emotionally crippled Brits as the main characters. But, they seem to be presenting the main plot very well and keeping to its basics. Unlike that other major Sci-Fi trilogy adaption, done by Apple, whose name I won’t mention.

ALWAYS FOREWARD!

Last edited:

If they do drop the series for whatever reason, I suggest those interested either ‘read’ the 2nd book in the series via audio books. I got my audio versions of all the Three Body problem books from the public library for at no additional cost. It’s a great story for a long drive.

I didn't realize that 3 Body had such a high budget, but it kind of makes sense. I personally didn't like the end part of the final EP. It's one of those shows that expect to go onto Season 2. There had better be a season 2, as I thoroughly enjoyed Season 1.

Last edited:
I'm in my mid 60s and did not understand much of our war history since the early 1900s. The what, why, and where of our conflicts. Turning Point: The Cold War and The Bomb explained a lot. It leaves out the Viet Nam War, but had me on the edge of my seat. Not political, just following history with some of the actors who are very old telling the story.

I'm in my mid 60s and did not understand much of our war history since the early 1900s. The what, why, and where of our conflicts. Turning Point: The Cold War and The Bomb explained a lot. It leaves out the Viet Nam War, but had me on the edge of my seat. Not political, just following history with some of the actors who are very old telling the story.

I am interested and wondering if it is a movie or documentary?
Is it on Netflix?

Back
Top Bottom