What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I didn't realize that 3 Body had such a high budget, but it kind of makes sense. I personally didn't like the end part of the final EP. It's one of those shows that expect to go onto Season 2. There had better be a season 2, as I thoroughly enjoyed Season 1.

The show creators are the ones who made Game of Thrones.

So NF gave them reportedly a $300 million show to develop shows for NF.

3BP is the first one.

I doubt they'd spend that much money and decide to be finished after one season.

Amazon paid half a billion for the rights to Rings of Power, which was panned. But there's no doubt there will be multiple seasons.

Watching an Old Faithful, the always pleasing "Death in Paradise" we both like it. So do a lot of other folks as this is Season 13.

The show creators are the ones who made Game of Thrones.

So NF gave them reportedly a $300 million show to develop shows for NF.

3BP is the first one.

I doubt they'd spend that much money and decide to be finished after one season.

Amazon paid half a billion for the rights to Rings of Power, which was panned. But there's no doubt there will be multiple seasons.

We haven't started 3 Body Problem yet. The GoT connection has me wondering if we should take a pass. Initially, we found GoT to be very watchable but as time went by it became very tedious and, in our opinion, overly complicated. The long span between seasons didn't help.

So, does being resurrected from the dead as far as series go count as "new?" Anyway, after Showtime dumped "American Rust" starring Jeff Daniels after one season a few years back, Prime has picked it up and now there's a second season as well as the first, both available for bingeing. Set in a Pennsylvania rust belt town with the sheriff as protagonist, there's murders, drug dealers, fracking and the occasional romance to deal with. I'm glad it's back because there were lots of loose ends. Hard to believe but the life of Jeff Daniels' character just got a lot more complicated in season 2!

Watching an Old Faithful, the always pleasing "Death in Paradise" we both like it. So do a lot of other folks as this is Season 13.

+1. We are enjoying this latest season on Bbox. I made the mistake of Googling whether there will be another season and stumbled on a spoiler for the final episode. :facepalm:

The spinoff, Beyond Paradise, comes back to the US on April 4 on Bbox. Looking forward to it.

Agreed. I'm on S9. The show keeps evolving so it doesn't get stale. Plus the tropical island setting is beautiful TV and like a balm for this viewer in wintry Minnesota.

Agreed. I'm on S9. The show keeps evolving so it doesn't get stale. Plus the tropical island setting is beautiful TV and like a balm for this viewer in wintry Minnesota.

The other nice thing about Death In Paradise is that the police officers, while a bit quirky at times, are all nice people. They are not drug addicts, serial adulterers, corrupt and bent, foul mouthed bigots, etc. etc. etc. They actually have fairly normal lives. Sure the lead detective is a bit of block head socially, but even that is fading away.

I found the first book dull and never finished it. So far, 3 episodes in, I feel the same way about the series...:LOL:

Y(SciFi)MV

Finished it (3 Body Problem). It was still pretty dull.. probably better for people who have waded through the books. The acting from the main group of 5 characters was hit and miss as well.. some of them couldn't carry their part of the plot.

Undoubtedly they'll make Season 2. Hopefully it gets better...

Last edited:
+1. We are enjoying this latest season on Bbox. I made the mistake of Googling whether there will be another season and stumbled on a spoiler for the final episode. :facepalm:

The spinoff, Beyond Paradise, comes back to the US on April 4 on Bbox. Looking forward to it.

We were not keen on the first season of Beyond Paradise, nowhere near as good as "Death in Paradise". We will most likely watch the second season though to see if it has improved, I already have Episodes 1 & 2, episode 3 will drop this evening, but will wait till they all drop and watch them then. It is currently airing on BBC 1 on the UK on Mondays, there will be 6 episodes in Season 2.

Last edited:
Still working my way through Monarch, it is my treadmill show currently. It is dumb but fun. We binged 3 Body Problem in a couple days, it was entertaining as well, even if it really feels like the writing does not understand at all how scientists are motivated and how they would react to the events. I too started the first book several years ago and found it incredibly uninteresting and did not finish it.

Started "Passenger" it is weird, only watched one episode but it is a little freaky. UK Police procedural ..... sort of. Set in Lancashire UK. I must admit I was getting a little bored with it, but my DW asked me to stick with it.

watching "the new look" on apple. about the occupation of Paris during WW2. The two main characters are Coco Chanell and Christian Dior. Ben Mendelson as Dior is very good.

So, does being resurrected from the dead as far as series go count as "new?" Anyway, after Showtime dumped "American Rust" starring Jeff Daniels after one season a few years back, Prime has picked it up and now there's a second season as well as the first, both available for bingeing. Set in a Pennsylvania rust belt town with the sheriff as protagonist, there's murders, drug dealers, fracking and the occasional romance to deal with. I'm glad it's back because there were lots of loose ends. Hard to believe but the life of Jeff Daniels' character just got a lot more complicated in season 2!

Like this series! I'm glad Prime picked it up. I rewatched part of the first season to refresh. Will start 2nd season tonight.

Started "Sight Unseen" (CTV Canada) A Canadian cop show with a twist, took a couple of episodes, but I think it is a keeper.

I've just finished watching Season 2 of Tourist on Prime. I really enjoyed it. With Jamie Dornan (50 Shades of Grey) and Danielle Mcdonald (Dumplin') Not a regular crime drama (at all) as it was serious in some places, but comical in some places but not in a cheesy way. The ending of Season 2 was quite interesting.

I've just finished watching Season 2 of Tourist on Prime. I really enjoyed it. With Jamie Dornan (50 Shades of Grey) and Danielle Mcdonald (Dumplin') Not a regular crime drama (at all) as it was serious in some places, but comical in some places but not in a cheesy way. The ending of Season 2 was quite interesting.

This looks good - I added it to my queue. One note - it's on Netflix, not Prime. :)

This looks good - I added it to my queue. One note - it's on Netflix, not Prime. :)

That's interesting! I live in Canada and both season 1 and season 2 are on Prime here.

For Breaking Bad fans, Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring on BB) stars in a new series, Parish, on AMC. Like Breaking bad, the episodes are doled out on a weekly basis. It's set in New Orleans where Esposito has a family, a failing limo business and a somewhat shady past. His money woes lead him into the arms of a murderous gang. First episode was good and I'll be watching the second when it's released.

I was watching Jack and Alice on PBS Masterpiece. Midway through episode 2 I turned it off and won’t be going back. Not a masterpiece, IMO. I’ll read an improving book instead.

We’ve started watching the BBC “The Great Pottery Throwdown” on Max. DW is hooked and I enjoy it as well, which I find surprising. It’s derived from the Great British Baking Show and follows a similar format.

Back
Top Bottom