Which TV service to buy?

Just curious, what would you change about DTVN?

1. Whatever is causing DH to often not be able to log in. I have had it happen once to me but it has happened several time to him.

2. Telephone support. When the above happens it is frustrating that you can't talk to someone.

3. Many more hours of cloud DVR. 20 doesn't cut it.

1. Whatever is causing DH to often not be able to log in. I have had it happen once to me but it has happened several time to him.

2. Telephone support. When the above happens it is frustrating that you can't talk to someone.

3. Many more hours of cloud DVR. 20 doesn't cut it.

Hmmmm. I haven't had the need to login in awhile. I was part of the BETA group and login was required each time they tweaked the program, however. Are you and your husband using the same device -- this sounds kinda like a "cookies" issue not caused by DVTN .

I cannot comment on phone support since I have yet to have the need of.

Yeah, I have heard that complaint. Apparently, you can give up $5 to increase that. (I use PlayOn to record to a local hard drive so have no experience with -- other than the BETA experience -- or need for DVTN's DVR function.)

Anyway, my reason for the question was that I was thinking your complaint had to do with quality of programming or difficulty using the functions.

Hmmmm. I haven't had the need to login in awhile. I was part of the BETA group and login was required each time they tweaked the program, however. Are you and your husband using the same device -- this sounds kinda like a "cookies" issue not caused by DVTN .

I cannot comment on phone support since I have yet to have the need of.

Yeah, I have heard that complaint. Apparently, you can give up $5 to increase that. (I use PlayOn to record to a local hard drive so have no experience with -- other than the BETA experience -- or need for DVTN's DVR function.)

Anyway, my reason for the question was that I was thinking your complaint had to do with quality of programming or difficulty using the functions.

DH mostly watches TV on his computer. On the computer you sign in each time. Now - we save the sign in so it is just hitting the sign in button with the user name and password already filled in.

DH and I use separate computers. He has more problems with it than I do. But, one night he had trouble on his computer and then came in and tried to watch on the TV in the bedroom (no new login is required on the TV) but when he selected Directv Now it gave an error message and wouldn't connect. That time, though, he was able to log in on his phone. One night he couldn't get in anywhere - computer, phone or TV.

DH mostly watches TV on his computer. On the computer you sign in each time. Now - we save the sign in so it is just hitting the sign in button with the user name and password already filled in.

DH and I use separate computers. He has more problems with it than I do. But, one night he had trouble on his computer and then came in and tried to watch on the TV in the bedroom (no new login is required on the TV) but when he selected Directv Now it gave an error message and wouldn't connect. That time, though, he was able to log in on his phone. One night he couldn't get in anywhere - computer, phone or TV.

Yes, I can see how that would be frustrating. I, certainly, wouldn't like it one bit. However, I am still having difficulty blaming DVTN... but can't rule it out either. Nor can I troubleshoot it for you since I have no difficulty connecting on three different TVs and two computers.

Back
Top Bottom