Dire situation in New York State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any proof of what you're stating?
NY public pension was relatively well funded. NY bonds were highly rated. NY transfers more wealth to the Federal government / other states than any other state.

Plus I've never heard a NY Senator say we shouldn't bail out xx state when they have a national disaster like the hurricanes that hit ever couple years.

This is the sort of bull we hear from the rest of the country that has no basis in fact. The truth is NY sends the US $1.30 for ever buck back, then citizens of other states that get a $1 for every 80¢ they send Washington complain about NY. It dumbfounds me.

DFW_M5 is just projecting Dallas and Fort Worths deficit riddled pensions and such on NY.

In my contracting work I frequently travel (until recently) to other states to work on-site including NY, NJ, CT, IL, TX, TN, SC, NC, GA, CA, FL and others. Those states that have state income tax I have always filed a state tax return for that year and get a credit on my own state income tax for what I pay. I don't have to pay double, but other states have rates that vary from my state. In those states like TX and FL that have no state income tax no tax filing is required (obviously). It's been this way for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom