• Completed single dose version

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps even an option to differentiate:

Eligible, still trying to get scheduled
Not yet eligible to even try

(there are a LOT of people on this forum under 65, etc.)

So I voted anxiously awaiting, but I'm not even eligible to get on a list for the foreseeable future.

Same with me. Don't know when they'll get to "healthy people under 65" here. I assume not for a while.

I'm 59, my first shot is scheduled for March 11th. Trying to get it moved up sooner by calling every day to see if there are cancellations. DW is 62 and her SECOND shot is in 10 days.

I just had my second Pfizer shot last Saturday, mildly sore arm and slept a good part of the next day. Otherwise I feel fine. I squeaked under the wire because I'm 70, but DW is a mere 64 so she can't even get on a list or make an appointment yet. Our behavior won't change until she gets her second shot too.

My husband is 65 and has had both of his Moderna shots. Sore arm with the first one and sore arm, fever and chills (one night only) with the second shot.

I am 64 and am looking at June or July, after they finish with the prisoners and the homeless.

SIL said I need to clear my calendar for 48 hrs to recover from my 2nd dose Wednesday. I thought no need until I read Ian’s post.

Hope your feet continue to recover quickly!
Thanks for your well-wishes: I'm back to normal as of yesterday. My worst symptoms came on about 40 hours after getting the shot but except for the itchy foot rash were gone about eight hours later helped, I suspect, by the ibuprofen. I never felt really terrible even with the chills and subsequent 101.5F fever. I think you'll be fine allowing 48 hours for any symptoms to run their course. And if you or anyone else gets an itchy rash, I recommend trying one of the OTC benedryl type (2% diphenhydramine HCI) anti-itch topical sprays. It really worked well for me.

We are both over 60, under 65, retired, no comorbidities. According to the current Illinois schedule, we are in the last 10% to be eligible for a vaccine since those under 16 are never eligible. We have a long wait.

I'm amazed at the state-by-state disparity in the eligibility requirements. As I posted above, DW and I (who are in the same age range as you) secured a vaccine appointment for Thursday.

if you or anyone else gets an itchy rash, I recommend trying one of the OTC benedryl type (2% diphenhydramine HCI) anti-itch topical sprays. It really worked well for me.

So glad to read this! Probably like many others I was lurking, and feeling so bad for you with your foot rash. It's great that you are feeling better now.

My husband is 65 and has had both of his Moderna shots. Sore arm with the first one and sore arm, fever and chills (one night only) with the second shot.

I am 64 and am looking at June or July, after they finish with the prisoners and the homeless.
As of this afternoon, I'd be a lot more optimistic for when you will get your vaccination. The President announced that the previous end of July date for sufficient quantities of vaccine has been moved up to the end of May! Looks like the deal having Merck make the J&J vaccine makes the earlier date possible. There's still an issue of getting the vaccine into arms but from what I saw of the infrastructure put into place in our rural county, they were limited by vaccine supply not personnel or space.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/02/politics/biden-merck-johnson--johnson-vaccine/index.html

Where I live, everything COVID is online. The only phone numbers are to some ladies whose job is "helping senior citizens with their online input."

The online tools ask for your birthdate and whether you are a first responder.

I'm 59, my first shot is scheduled for March 11th. Trying to get it moved up sooner by calling every day to see if there are cancellations. DW is 62 and her SECOND shot is in 10 days.

Then again, one will have to settle for the vaccine that does not keep you from getting the disease, only from dying from it. I'm still afraid of getting the disease and having long-term consequences, even if I don't go to the hospital.

As of this afternoon, I'd be a lot more optimistic for when you will get your vaccination. The President announced that the previous end of July date for sufficient quantities of vaccine has been moved up to the end of May! Looks like the deal having Merck make the J&J vaccine makes the earlier date possible. There's still an issue of getting the vaccine into arms but from what I saw of the infrastructure put into place in our rural county, they were limited by vaccine supply not personnel or space.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/02/politics/biden-merck-johnson--johnson-vaccine/index.html

Signed up on out county website on Jan 8. On Jan 19 we got a call but the only slot was on Jan 21 and DW was scheduled for a colonoscopy at the same time so we passed on it. Meanwhile many friens have got calls and had the shot.

They called DW this morning about 10 am and we had our first Moderna shot about 4:30 pm. :dance:

Absolutely no pain at all.... less than the flu vaccine.

I keep putting it off, assured that someone will take it. Currently I would just go to my regular doctor's office. But I don't get vaccines (pneumonia, flu, etc) so I'm apprehensive. Not that there isn't real science behind it but I'm a wuss about needles. Anyway it's readily available here for 65+, 1st responders, childcare workers, medical personnel, teachers, and food workers. Everyone I know who wanted it has gotten it including my 23 yo grandson. Opened up rather fast IMHO

Then again, one will have to settle for the vaccine that does not keep you from getting the disease, only from dying from it. I'm still afraid of getting the disease and having long-term consequences, even if I don't go to the hospital.
I would just make two points. First, large quantities of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine are still going to be distributed so you may still wind up getting one of the two shot vaccines. You might even have a choice e.g. get the J&J vaccine at your nearby pharmacy or drive a bit further and get in line at one of the mass vaccine sites that may be using Moderna for example. Second, IMHO, this is not going to be a case of one and done: we are all eventually going to need boosters to deal with variants. There are more vaccines on the horizon and even boosters to come.

J&J vaccine is officially in Dallas County. The first 5 were given to us @ Fair Park mega site a few hours ago. So far no reactions for me.

I keep putting it off, assured that someone will take it. Currently I would just go to my regular doctor's office. But I don't get vaccines (pneumonia, flu, etc) so I'm apprehensive. Not that there isn't real science behind it but I'm a wuss about needles. Anyway it's readily available here for 65+, 1st responders, childcare workers, medical personnel, teachers, and food workers. Everyone I know who wanted it has gotten it including my 23 yo grandson. Opened up rather fast IMHO

I wouldn't say I'm a "wuss" about needles, but I suffer from a common thing called the vasovagal syncope. The trigger is different for everyone, but mine is seeing any sharp object and anticipating it penetrating skin, such as a needle or scalpel. I used to watch them do it and I'd get lightheaded. It even happens when I see it on TV in a movie. One time, when having blood drawn, I fainted briefly and they used smelling salts to revive me...no big deal.

For the last 15 years, I simply tell the doc/nurse about this and tell them that I'm going to close my eyes before they get out the needle/scalpel. I've not had any issues since. Hopefully you can overcome your issue so the stress is not so high...I did.

gayl, I don't like being jabbed either (I especially hate to get blood drawn) but I must say I did not feel the Covid vaccine at all--much less than the flu vaccine. The only side effect I had was a sore arm later. Having the vaccination has really helped my mental attitude. Go for it!

Both DGF and I are under 65, so will wait patiently for it.

So a follow up.

J&J/Janssen shot (single dose) 18 hrs ago.

Woke up 10 hrs after with a little bit of trouble breathing (short breaths). Took my BP & pulse, all good. Went back to sleep. Woke up 3-4 hrs later, lethargic and achy. Breathing was fine. Still achy as of now, like a flu.

I'm too young to qualify but my whole family was lucky to get leftover shots. It's nice to know that everyone living here has been vaccinated. Second shot is scheduled for next week and I can't wait. I have to keep reminding my husband to stay home and that curbside pick up is good. As soon as we're fully vaccinated, he can go to Costco as much as he likes!

We have scheduled a trip to the mountains for mid March. We will still mask and take precautions but we've been locked down pretty tightly the past few months and it's nice to plan more normal activities.

I'm too young to qualify but my whole family was lucky to get leftover shots. It's nice to know that everyone living here has been vaccinated. Second shot is scheduled for next week and I can't wait. I have to keep reminding my husband to stay home and that curbside pick up is good. As soon as we're fully vaccinated, he can go to Costco as much as he likes!

We have scheduled a trip to the mountains for mid March. We will still mask and take precautions but we've been locked down pretty tightly the past few months and it's nice to plan more normal activities.

We're allowed vacs if we volunteer for 15 hours here in Dallas County. DW is planning our escape as we speak...

Ditto on the volunteer path. It was an unexpected bonus for both me and spousey.

In our town, you first need to be qualified as CERT or similar volunteer, which allowed them to leverage existing background checks.

Ditto on the volunteer path. It was an unexpected bonus for both me and spousey.

In our town, you first need to be qualified as CERT or similar volunteer, which allowed them to leverage existing background checks.

Not us, they just want a pulse and mask...

As a career military veteran, I've been vaccinated for everything under the sun, many of them multiple times, so it's no big deal to me. I understand the reluctance of some to subject themselves to it; I just can't agree. Driving would be more comfortable without the seat belt, but you'll never see me not using it.

Were you subjected to the anthrax vaccine regiment? There have been some significant issue with it and I know a good number of folks that had debilitating effects (some life long) from it. So, I can understand the trepidation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom