Poll: How many rolls of toilet paper do you have?

How many rolls of toilet paper do you have on hand?

• 12 or less

Votes: 72 20.5%
  • 13 - 24

Votes: 99 28.1%
  • 25 - 48

Votes: 91 25.9%
  • 49 - 96

Votes: 55 15.6%
  • 97 - 144

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • I can't count that high

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NYDB

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally confused by the run on TP. What is the rationale?

We buy TP when we need it (well, actually a little before we REALLY need it:facepalm:). 12, 24 or 36 at a time depending on the sale price

I only buy two-ply double-sided rolls. That's four uses per sheet so a single roll should last a long time, right?

And if I should ever run out, there are always the used dryer sheets in the recycle bin. They're much sturdier so they can be washed and reused many times.

Now I'm looking for a funnel with a filter in it so I can spit out my used toothpaste and recycle it somehow. That's a lot harder!

Made me look. 65 rolls of Charmin from Costco. Two 30 roll packs plus the 5 stragglers from the last pack. Probably good through the summer. 19 rolls of Bounty paper towels. That's close to a year's supply, as they are not used for general cleaning. Guess I should check on how much Procter and Gamble stock has dropped... might be time to buy some!

TP was only $17-20 a 30roll pack of the good stuff at Costco.
It doesn't go out of fashion or expire.
If it was on sale and there was room on the cart I'd throw a bundle on... been doing it for years, long before the current crisis... I grew up out in the sticks where we didn't get into town every day.

youcotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers-memegenerator-19981726.png

Like a few here have mentioned, we have more than usual just because Kroger had our brand on sale a week or so ago so we bought some extra. Luck is a good thing as we went to Kroger today (in Michigan) and they had absolutely nothing. No TP whatsoever. Some lady turned into the isle and lamented out loud what she was going to do. Family of six and no TP. Was just looking for her normal allotment. Hope that doesn’t happen to anyone here.

I am reminded of the alternate version of the theme song from the 1965 TV series starring Chuck Connors called "Branded" that so amused us when we were kids:

"Stranded, stranded on the toilet bowl. What do you do when you're stranded and you ain't got a roll?"

We have a 30 roll pack from Costco and a few stragglers. If we run out of these, we have a few packs of Depends (LOL). After that, I have no clue what to do unless Amazon will deliver TP.

Can't vote, because I do not know and don't want to go around looking for where my wife stashes them.

All I know is she takes good care to make sure we do not run out.

I am reminded of the alternate version of the theme song from the 1965 TV series starring Chuck Connors called "Branded" that so amused us when we were kids:

"Stranded, stranded on the toilet bowl. What do you do when you're stranded and you ain't got a roll?"

I hadn't heard that in probably 50 years. But, as soon as I read "Chuck Connors called "Branded"" , I knew exactly where you were headed. It is amazing the little tid bits of sh!t we remember from childhood.

We have 27 rolls and they are triple ones.
I lived through the TP crisis in the early 70s so I feel confident. If I was worried I would hit the feed store to buy corn. "Make sure to buy some white cobs". - Thanks Dad.

Toilet paper ??!! Pahhhh.. pure luxury.

"“I envisaged the End of Days to be more exciting than starving to death
trapped in your own house while wiping your bum on a sock.”"

I have 50 rolls of toilet paper right now.

But I always have lots! I never run out - - lifestyles of the rich and famous, dontcha know? :LOL:

The last time I bought any was in mid February when I bought one 12-pack. I didn't buy any for this recent crisis.

I don't get it either.

If 50 rolls isn't enough, Plan B is to install a bidet. If there is a shortage of bidets, then Plan C is to shower several times a day, as needed.

We buy TP when we need it (well, actually a little before we REALLY need it:facepalm:). 12, 24 or 36 at a time depending on the sale price

Similar "rationale" as when a major weather event is predicted. Folks are anticipating being quarantined or choosing to self quarantine, being stuck in the house for 2 or more weeks, and do not want to run out of this essential.

Costco, Target, and all supermarkets around us are out of TP, can’t believe they can’t get enough merchandise to stock their shelves. Even Amazon is out of stock. We are running out quick.

Last edited:
had a 5 bath house so had about 12ish rolls in each one plus more in basement. Buy when its on sale. I have a bunch in storage so I should have access to it all,end of next week.

Costco was sold out today. Oh well, I tried to buy some from the drug store and DW made me return it. Ahh the journey to FIRE lol.

We have two sheets - one for each of us. Rinse & reuse.

Since the post shows up and only then can you compose and post the actual poll, the poll lags the post by a few minutes. Thus my impatient question...:D

Yeah... I've had that happen to me too and figured that's what it was. But how often does a good chance to tug on REWahoo's chain come along in life? :D

Oh, I am laughing so hard at this!

I thought we had a lot. DH bought a mega pack that was labeled 18=72. You know how they do that now. So we have 18 for the downstairs bathroom and I don't know how many for the upstairs one, that's DH's domain.

I was at the grocery store this afternoon for paper towels. Not for stockpiling but just because my favorite brand was on sale. I called DH from the store to see if he needed anything. Our 35 year old son was over and said he was low on toilet paper at his place. So me and everyone else were scavenging through the last few packs of TP left on the shelves. His choice brand was long gone, how about the no name one. Nope, it's only one ply. How about the store brand, it's 2 ply but it's only a 4 pack and there's a limit per customer.

So this is why we all must have cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom