Anyone seen the new weird sitcom "The Office".....

C

Cut-Throat

This has got to be one of the strangest programs on TV that I've seen. It is an office setting, with no laughtrack, almost no plot. It is almost exactly like a day at work.

My wife and I were watching it the other night, and she remarked that she gets very depressed every time she sees it. I get depressed too! - This is so much like a disfunctional office setting, that it's scary. :eek:

Anyone seen this?

Re: Anyone seen the new weird sitcom "The Office".

Yes I have seen it and I agree that it is wierd. I have wanted to ask others what they thought of this show. Does it really resemble an office work environment? I haven't worked in an office for over 15 years and would positively hate that setting. If this is what it is like then you couldn't get me out of there fast enough.

LovesLife

I put it on tivo as a season pass and it recorded about 5 eps before I watched the first one. I got about a quarter of the way through that before I decided I probably wasnt going to like it and then forced myself to the halfway point before deleting all 5 eps and the season pass.

It was WAY too much like actual working life and I really didnt want the reminder. Too bad 'cuz I like steve carell.

It was originally a BBC show, they've tried to "Americanize". British humor usually doesn't do well over here. I did find Black Adder and Red Dwarf exceedingly funny, though. :D

It was originally a BBC show, they've tried to "Americanize".  British humor usually doesn't do well over here.  I did find Black Adder and Red Dwarf exceedingly funny, though.  :D

I use to love to see Monty Python and Fawlty Towers. Didn't much care for the game show type "humor" that has come over recently.

Its a blasphemous travesty! They are ripping off BBC's "The Office" and there's no way it can be better than the original, which is hilarious and dark and addictive. Its like us trying to remake Monty Python. It ain't gonna work!

We will see.

The American version of 'All in The Family' made it. I do love the old Monty Python though.

I have had some hearty chuckles watching the Office.
Reminds me of my office and all the dysfunction going on constantly. My boss married the receptionist. (When the receptionist joined our firm, she was married to someone else. My boss was a 'puppy dog' always at her desk.) She left the firm, and a month later she was separated from her husband and living with my boss. They married, had two children, divorced, and a bitter custody/settlement evolved.

Ginger,

Good God, that's got to make you feel like you are working in the middle of your own little sitcom. Working in a "cube farm" also sounds like a nightmare.

LovesLife

Ginger,
...  Working in a "cube farm" also sounds like a nightmare. LovesLife

Yep. It is.

Me and my fellow cloth-covered-box dwelling wage slaves can attest. It could be worse.... just.... trying... to figure out how.?.?

Working in a "cube farm" also sounds like a nightmare.

This is what makes retirement so sweet. It's great when it finally ends :)

I got "upgraded" to a window cube this year, much to the envy of some of my coworkers. It's kind of like having a skybox in Hell's stadium. The view can be nice, but it's still hell! :p

laurencewill,

Sounds like a padded prison :(

LovesLife

I have watched all of the BBC "The Office" episodes. I just didn't see how they could improve on the original, so have avoided the American version. I thought the BBC version was hilarious, but my husband hated it.

I'm finding the best shows seem to be the ones that get cancelled...we have become big "Arrested Development fans (probably will be cancelled) and Wonder Falls fans (was cancelled). Both available on DVD, commercial free!

Back
Top Bottom