The Supremes

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
Bush announced he is appointing Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court to replace O'Connor. http://tinyurl.com/9bjkj

Interesting choice as she has no backround as a judge so no bad decisions to follow her.

If memory serves, about 1/3 of the justices (including rehnquist) were not judges before serving on the bench.

It makes it very, very hard for the demo's to pick at past decisions, as there are none.

Martha said:
Interesting choice as she has no backround as a judge so no bad decisions to follow her.
Hey, if she's Bush's personal lawyer, how bad could she be?

Martha, you have any professional opinion on this nominee?

IMO, Roberts at least appeared experienced and competent. Miers just looks like a lackey.

brewer12345 said:
IMO, Roberts at least appeared experienced and competent.  Miers just looks like a lackey.
Yes, but which one had to provide timely advice concerning the conduct of Bush's daughters?

brewer12345 said:
Martha, you have any professional opinion on this nominee?

IMO, Roberts at least appeared experienced and competent. Miers just looks like a lackey.

That is my initial impression too. Don't know anything about her beyond what is in the Yahoo article.

EDIT: She probably is a good schmoozer--being former head of a 200 person law firm and president of the Texas bar association.

Here I thought this was another music trivia thread regarding Diana Ross and the Supremes. :p

Martha said:
That is my initial impression too.  Don't know anything about her beyond what is in the Yahoo article.

EDIT:  She probably is a good schmoozer--being former head of a 200 person law firm and president of the Texas bar association.

Hmm...she sounds remarkably like Martha (except for the Texas bit). ;)

Nice visiting with y'all. Off to the confirmation hearings. Decided on a job for life instead of ER. Won't they be surprised when it turns out I was a liberal, zpg, agnostic all along.

:)

Eh, its just like ER on an ER forum. Sit around all day and talk about stuff that has little bearing on you.

Back
Top Bottom