THE COMING HUGE DEPRESSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Confused about dryer sheets
May I recommend an urgent read for everyone - THE GREAT BUST AHEAD by Dan Arnold. However, before buying the book, go to the book's website http://www.thegreatbustahead.com  where there is a great introduction to our coming retirement-wrecking crisis, a link to an article based on the book in a prestigious journal, plus a radio interview with Dan Arnold to listen to. VERY, VERY SCARY!!!

I hate to tell you this, but, these types of books are common.  I remember in the 70's one was a best seller.

We should all consider that posibility.  Folks with the goal of early retirement reduce debt and save money, they diversify their investments.  All actions that someone who fears a depression should also do.  Recent hurricanes (and the threat of pandemic)also remind us of the need for home disaster planning.

Yes, there have been dire projections before and I've read them. This book is different. With simple data, that is very hard to refute, it ACCURATELY accounts for the ups and downs of the economy for the best part of 100 years. No one has ever done that! Read it, or at least the book's website (which will cost you nothing), or risk losing it all.   

very hard to refute, it ACCURATELY accounts for the ups and downs of the economy for the best part of 100 years

Same types of claims are made by financial folks of all stripes.

The Great Reckoning is one I have read several times, most of its' pronouncements have come true.

The US Economy is one great house of cards, debt levels beyond imagination, a House of cards propped up artificially, now If but When.

Bubble Heads on CNBC talk around it, their job is to report and thet don't like bad stuff.

Why is Gold skyrocketing, why are commodities screaming ahead, why are countries like Canada and Australia which are resource based facing massive currency appreciations??

10%+++ Mortgages are around the corner, so is elimination of mortgage interest deductibily, Net Worth will collapse along with thsoe million $ Investment condos.

I am a Graduate economist, why do you think I left the big city for a small Rural community with several local Hospitals??

It is like the sign on the Grave Marker, See I told you I was sick.

anthony said:
Yes, there have been dire projections before and I've read them. This book is different. With simple data, that is very hard to refute, it ACCURATELY accounts for the ups and downs of the economy for the best part of 100 years. No one has ever done that! Read it, or at least the book's website (which will cost you nothing), or risk losing it all. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 

Nice book pitch.  How much do you get?

I will deliberately NOT buy this book . . . thanks for the advertisement. 

Any moderator want to step in here? Looks an awful lot like we are being spammed.

anthony said:
With simple data, that is very hard to refute, it ACCURATELY accounts for the ups and downs of the economy for the best part of 100 years. No one has ever done that!
Which century-- the next one or the last one?

brewer12345 said:
Any moderator want to step in here? Looks an awful lot like we are being spammed.
Yes, we are.

Sorry, Tony, anyone whose inaugural post flogs a product isn't worth the attention span. You're welcome to ask questions and to discuss threads and to otherwise be a productive member of the club, but kindly hold off the spam. We've been getting a lot of it lately and our patience is wearing thin.

If you're interested in discussing the subject further then please PM or send me an e-mail.

What a pity. I suggest a very useful book and website that appears to describe a devastating retirement event for all of us, and am immediately accused of being a spammer. Would the following have been preferable:
"Anyone know of a good book that deals with a huge coming depression? I know of one, but am scared to suggest it as I am a first time poster. The book's website says it's in the top 1% of amazon sales for years, so clearly my mentioning it in this forum would greatly boost badly needed sales, and of course I am being paid to push the book".
Better? I think I need another forum.

anthony said:
I think I need another forum.

I am tempted to say yes, but maybe you just need a different approach. How about discussion rather than pointing to a book? The independent-minded posters here can usually figure out when someone is trying to sell them something, and most of us don't appreciate it.

Well done Brewer12345! You have convinced me that I DO need another forum. Your comments are fine and you are entitled to make them. What I don't understand (and the reason I leave) is that you feel the need to end all your postings with a juvenile sexual joke regarding the President. Perhaps others appreciate this. Do you change the sexual joke occasionally? At least change "BJ" to the real words so there is no possible confusion of where your mind is at.
I hope everyone has noticed that you have not commented one single word on the subject of my original posting, choosing instead ONLY to attack me. You are very clearly a valued forum member.

Anthony -

Perhaps if you want to discuss the information in the book you should just post a book report. That way we can provide you with some insight, i.e. debunk the author's theory. Simple as that.

Hmmm, I think I'd like to change my original diagnosis from spammer to troll. Since I make it my business not to feed trolls...

Hmmm... the scale is pretty bad, but from what I can see the Dow is going to go up 50% to 75% and then come back down to about 10% below todays levels.....

SOOOO, let's invest heavy for the next few years and then pull out of the market with a boat load of money!!!

What I do not understand is he has a question of the date... why? That should be easily calculable in my opinion... opps... I looked at the first few pages and it looks like 2010 to 2012... live it up now.

Anthony and others, I am locking this thread. If people wish to have a discussion about whether demographics may lead to another depression, feel free to start a new thread.

Anthony, we tend to distrust the motives of those who use their first opportunity to post in an effort to promote something, whether a book, website, financial product, or whatever. After all, you don't know us so why should you care whether we read this book or not. The distrust is increased when your response to a suggestion by Brewer was met with an all out of proportion attack.

If you want to start over, fine. I suggest you introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself in the "Hi I am" board. But this thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom