One more day...............................

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Yup, one more day to go. Actually I will work 1/2 dozen days in April and a 1/2 dozen others through out the year, but tomorrow is my last day on a full time basis. :D Suppose to have a lunch cook out for me tomorrow so it should be an interesting day.

I predict a lot of this summer may be at the 19 hole? Hope the wrist holds up to the stress! You would look funny with a straw in the beer!!!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow being roasted and perhaps toasted as well. Get a DD if need be!!! ;)

DOG52 said:
Yup, one more day to go. Actually I will work 1/2 dozen days in April and a 1/2 dozen others through out the year, but tomorrow is my last day on a full time basis. :D

Congratulations! Plans?

Congrats - just try to keep that left arm a little straighter. Otherwise, the swing looks pretty smooth. :D

May you hit'em long n'straight ! :D

Congrats. I suspect you planned this date so you could get the best golf weather. Don't get so busy you forget us.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Congratulations! Plans?

No big plans initially. I just want to play some golf and chill out a little. The last 3 months have been very busy trying to train my replacement and get through the year end process here at work. Auditors have been driving me nuts.

I do plan to take a trip out west later this year. In the mean time, a few quick trips to the coast(Gulf Shores area) and plenty of golf at my club. :)

Thanks for all the kind remarks.

DOG52 said:
Yup, one more day to go. Actually I will work 1/2 dozen days in April and a 1/2 dozen others through out the year, but tomorrow is my last day on a full time basis. :D Suppose to have a lunch cook out for me tomorrow so it should be an interesting day.

Good going Dog!

- I envy your exit more than the one I had 5 years ago. My Boss told me my position was changing and I told him I was retiring. :D - I didn't get to enjoy the exit as long as you, but it was fun to see the look on his face! :D

Dog! You dawg! ;)

Having been down that same wonderful road a couple of years ago, let me give you a word of advice: Ibuprofen. Take a couple in the morning before you head out for your final day. It will ease the pain in your cheeks from hours and hours of uncontrolled grinning. :D :D :D

DOG52 said:
No big plans initially. I just want to play some golf and chill out a little. The last 3 months have been very busy trying to train my replacement and get through the year end process here at work. Auditors have been driving me nuts.

I do plan to take a trip out west later this year. In the mean time, a few quick trips to the coast(Gulf Shores area) and plenty of golf at my club. :)

Thanks for all the kind remarks.

The Mullet Toss at the Florabama?

http://www.florabama.com/

(also golf)
http://www.florabama.com/Special Events/Mullet Swing Golf Classic/swinggolf.htm

Congratulations! It is a great feeling when you realize that your time is really your own time. Enjoy the golf and the traveling!

Just a follow up. Today was the 'official' final day. What a nice day it was. Had a real nice cookout for lunch and the office girls brought tons of snacks and deserts to eat. Several nice smaller gifts but the company gave me enough money to buy a new golf cart and fund a cruise to somewhere special.

I have to admit, I was shocked with all the kindness. I have always got along fine with my boss and co-workers, but never expected all this. I wish everyone could experience the kind of day I just had. :)

Sounds like a wonderful "last day", it's nice they made it memorable.

DOG52 said:
Just a follow up. Today was the 'official' final day. What a nice day it was. Had a real nice cookout for lunch and the office girls brought tons of snacks and deserts to eat. Several nice smaller gifts but the company gave me enough money to buy a new golf cart and fund a cruise to somewhere special.

I have to admit, I was shocked with all the kindness. I have always got along fine with my boss and co-workers, but never expected all this. I wish everyone could experience the kind of day I just had. :)

Sounds really nice. Good going Dog!

Ha

Congratulations on your ER! It sounds like you had a perfect send off. I hope I can experience the same in the not-too-distant future. :)

Glad that you had the perfect last day! Here's to the perfect retirement!!!

Way to go Dog52, it's finally your turn !! I really hope you keep us posted on what you do with your free time.

I love this website !

Back
Top Bottom