inflation - cpi rates

txdakini

Recycles dryer sheets
Is there any particular place you all go to to find the last year's cpi rate or do you mostly use inflation rate when computing your next year's withdrawal amount? i've looked around online but am not finding just what I think I want, something that will tell me what last year's CPI rate was? I found an inflation calculator but since I used CPI in FIRECALC, thought I should use it in withdrawals as well? Any suggestions?

inflation - cpi

Thank you F'IRED@51! That's exactly what I was looking for. The other two sites have tons of good information, but are heck to look through and actually find anything. I'd already been to both sites and finally just gave up.

I love this forum!

Keep in mind that I don't know many people who don't think these stats way understate inflation...

Well it sort of depends on what you are. If you're an urban worker who rents and doesnt pay their own health care, it might be a pretty good number.

If you're an early retiree who owns a home and pays their own health care...maybe not so much.

Google "CPI Elderly" if you want to see the efforts to tailor an inflation gauge for retirees looks like...its a little tippy because it presumes you're elderly and are paying a lot extra for health care and whatnot than a younger ER type might.

inflation - cpi

Thanks for the idea, cute fuzzy bunny.

do all of you actually look up some rate (CPI, inflation, etc.) each year and adjust your withdrawal, or is this fantasy a newbie thinks will work, but no body actually does?

Back
Top Bottom