glove suggestions

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
I keep the thermostat at 60F and am mostly comfortable. Sometimes my hands get cold.

I have cotton and acrylic gloves, they are good but sometimes too bulky.

Can someone recommend washable gloves: silk or whatever?

Can any gloves be used on a touch pad?

Or is my best bet cotton with fingertips removed?

I was just thinking that I wish my hands weren't so cold--it is hard to type. I think you'd need silk or thin cotton. I'm going to try to dig some up in my closet now.

My IBM laptop runs hot and when my fingers get cold I warm them up by sticking them under the laptop for a bit.

:)

Grab a pair of cotton gloves. The ones people use to do hand care treatments with. Very thin and would work fine on a keyboard.

Most of the body's heat loss is through the head. Try wearing a head cover, cap or scarf, or whatever feels good. You'll be surprised at how every other part will feel warmer.

I keep the thermostat at 60F and am mostly comfortable. Sometimes my hands get cold.
ummm....ummmmm...nah, i'll get kicked off the forum if i tell you how i keep MY hands warm in the winter.

ahem....back on topic...i would suggest synthetics, with no fingertips. touch pad usually requires direct fingertip contact.

Most of the body's heat loss is through the head. Try wearing a head cover, cap or scarf, or whatever feels good. You'll be surprised at how every other part will feel warmer.
Hmmm, I'll have to try that....

I keep warm by covering strategic body parts...

img_749508_0_f8c8ecb5a3f18185024aa926345d7995.jpg

I like to wear really long sleeves and push them up as need be. I also bump the thermostat up to 64 during the day and even higher temporarily, but I have a $1K credit on our gas bill so I pretend it's "free."

I find mittens are warmer for my fingers but I guess they would be hard to type with. Or you could ask TromboneAl's crafty spouse to make you a pair of these open palm mittens to wear around the house :)

Attachments

• mittens.jpg
    mittens.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 143
Milionaires found frozen, too cheap to turn up thermostat.:p

Ha

Silk gloves are best I think. They are thin and keep you very warm. Synthetics might work too. I got a pair of "airline socks" (socks they give you when you fly business class on some airlines), they are made of a synthetic material (don't exactly what) which is both thin and warm.

This is true and a hat works petty well. Covers any bald spots too.:)

Wearing thick wool socks seems to help me in staying warm (not that it gets very cold in New Orleans, so what would I know? I don't even own a hat, cap, or scarf.) :duh:

I hate having cold feet. My fingers don't get cold as easily as my feet.

Milionaires found frozen, too cheap to turn up thermostat.:p
:2funny:

REW, that water bottle pic is awesome. When I went to New Zealand and stayed with an older couple for a week in Queenstown, the wife asked me if I wanted to take a "hottie" to bed with me that night! I was pretty excited (having seen some of the guys walking around town that day) until she produced one of those. sigh...

...so you are a two-bagger? :D

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "poke sack"...

REW, that water bottle pic is awesome. When I went to New Zealand and stayed with an older couple for a week in Queenstown, the wife asked me if I wanted to take a "hottie" to bed with me that night! I was pretty excited (having seen some of the guys walking around town that day) until she produced one of those. sigh...

Crikey...

Back
Top Bottom