New Year's dinner

Nah, honey backed ham, penne ala vodka and a bunch of other stuff.

Meatloaf!

It's not my night to cook, so I'm not complaining about the menu...

Shrimp Florentine was yummy with Angel Hair. Even Magnificent Maggie the bulldog enjoyed some.

somehow we end up eating, as tradition, steak, peel n eat shrimp, steamed lobster tail, and ribs....what a combo huh? just a few ribs as appetizers with the shrimp- then the steak n lobster

mmmmm it was sooooo good

You don't want to know, 7 courses...

Turkey and Ravioli

Met old friends in tourist area. Dinner with view of boat harbor. Merlot, calamari, warm salmon salad, coffee, brownie sundae. Crowds everywhere, hotels are full this week. Mostly very young people milling around. We declined the great:p opportunity to board fishing boats for 2 hour $40 ride out into the surprisingly warm evening to watch fireworks. SO gets seasick and other couple never cruises. Watched very young cute guy fail to pick up young hip lady at bus stop, he came back for a second try, no go.

Lasagna, salad, bread, chocolate cake, champaign

The last turkey sandwich. We would have had a nice meal, but everyone was rushing off to different places.

Ribeye on the grill. Baked potato and spinach salad with blue cheese and walnuts.

Tradition here is pork cooked in sauerkrout with mashed potatoes.
Have that on New Year's day and you will have good luck all year.

Tried that once and had gas all year :rolleyes:

Actually I love sauerkraut and mash, and pork.

In reality everything gives me gas these days. I think I either must have been a cow in an earlier life, or am already meta morphing into one now :D

We went to a local Creole/Italian restaurant for lunch, and ordered our favorite - - tomato basil chicken. Mmmmmm... :)

One of my favorite meals when I was a kid. Mom cooked spare ribs in the kraut. Then the kraut over the mashed potatoes. My brother's wife fixes this every New Years Day for good luck. An old German custom. It was good then but I like bar-b-que ribs better.

Made a gizzard casserole with rice and lots of vegetables (including the last of peppers from the garden).

Made a gizzard casserole with rice and lots of vegetables (including the last of peppers from the garden).

Sounds good Khan. I bet that would be extra delicious with some hot sauce or jalapenos thrown in.

New Years eve menu: Beef Wellington, roasted herbed potatoes and carrots. Wilted Winter Greens and blue cheese salad with raspberry vinagarette dressing. White wine, Red wind and Champagne for toasting the New Year.

New Years day menu: Grilled Ham and cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

You guessed it, too tired to cook today.

This morning for a late breakfast it was roast beef hash & eggs (over easy).....for a late lunch it was ham & bean soup and deep fried onion rings....and for a late supper it was ham (an excellent ham steak from Aldi's), smashed 'taters, cooked fresh asparagus, and a nice salad with Italian oil & vinegar dressing.

Later on I'll hit the Christmas cookies with a glass o' milk! :D

NYDay - Mexican ground beef from crockpot (NYEve leftovers), with round flour burritos, tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, salsa with beans and corn, cheddar cheese, sour cream.
Today is crockpot Cornish hen smothered with Chinese Hoisin sauce, with some low salt chicken rice-a-roni on the side, and a side salad.

Back
Top Bottom