Is this rally for real?

It's real in the sense that the money you get by playing it successfully spends as well as any other money.

Ha

Yes. Buy, buy, buy!?! Especially the funds that I already have... :D

To be serious, my guess is that we will have some ups and downs although for now, we seem to be out of freefall mode. But you know what? I seriously doubt that anyone here really knows the answer to your question.

I do not have a clue. My guess, if the DOW makes it back to 9.000 or so, you will see a lot of profit taking which could trigger another good pull back. I know I will be tempted to lighten up. But if I do sell some, I will let you know. As it will be a good time for you to buy more. :banghead:

That felt good. Been awhile since I butted my head.:blink:

It's real today. Tomorrow, who knows?

So I took some of my gains in growth funds and reinvested them in dividend funds, which are still showing capital losses.

50% invested. Market goes up or down, I can always say I am half-right.

I don't know. Some days it feels overdone and some days it just feels like a natural snap back for a market which was pricing in the end of the world a few months ago.

The market this year (or rather the rest of it) will fluctuate a lot and is expected to be really temperamental (in need of a prozac pill). So when you think it is rallying, just enjoy it and re-position yourself for the dip and during the dip - reposition for the rally - always said this is an eventful year.

Don't know. But since most investing decisions are a matter of judging the odds, I think they are that the worst is behind us, today's prices are still bargains, in the long run we'll see growth (tempered by higher inflation and taxes), and in the short run there are bound to be some corrections along the way. I'll be watching my asset allocation as we ride, and trying to apply some new lessons learned from the past 18 months.

The V or the W Recovery...how long does straight up last?

INDEX-SPX-W%20--%20S&P%20500%20INDEX%205.gif

From www.minyanville.com

Strap in and hang on...pure physics...what goes up must come down...yeehaaa!

Well - you know back around the last bubble and pop circa 2000 - I used to bring up Fiend's Superbear Page and read some of his links to the more 'cheerful' folks on the planet.

If a bear can be cheerful that is. :)

Maudlin's such an optimist compared to :confused:?

heh heh heh - so if if the world is having trouble ahead - Kansas is just as ducky as anywhere else. Right? :cool: ;)

Back
Top Bottom