Signs of the Times Changing...

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not too long ago I posted that I'd noticed that the women's magazines--like Vogue--that have photos and articles on how women should dress are now showing not just how to dress in your 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's, but now go all the way to your 60's and 70's! Now that's a real sign of things are changing. And the change came almost overnight, too. I guess they just realized women were living longer and didn't want to look like the old ladies their Grandma's must have?

Another sign I notice recently was that on shows like HGTV (Home and Garden TV) they are showing more and more remodeling and less and less home decorating shows. Seems they are showing "Holmes on Homes"--a guy who remodels homes--all the time now.

Also, I know the FINE Channel pulled out and turned into a cooking channel, because folks no longer are buying "names" as much at all such as Gucci, Pucci, Moochie and the whole Italian clan now than they were a couple years ago (Okay, I made up the Moochie, but what the heck:D).

Other than the stock market going down or technological changes which seem to go on and on and on to us non-techies, has anyone else noticed some basic signs of the times that things are changing? I'd love to know what you folks have noticed that I've probably missed.

I don't watch TV. I do browse magazines at the library. I think we will see future series covering a whole host of topics such as Pimp My Shanty.

Back
Top Bottom