YouTube Videos

Just copy the video's URL into the post.

Multitalented guy. A pretty fine musician, too.

He was also an accomplished rower, and took part in the Oxford and Cambridge boat race.

Like his father, Laurie was an oarsman at school and university; in 1977, he was a member of the junior coxed pair that won the British national title before representing Britain's Youth Team at the 1977 Junior World Rowing Championships. In 1980, Laurie and his rowing partner, J. S. Palmer, were runners-up in the Silver Goblets coxless pairs for Eton Vikings rowing club. Later, he also achieved a Blue while taking part in the 1980 Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race. Cambridge lost that year by 5 feet. Laurie is a member of Leander Club, one of the oldest rowing clubs in the world.

Nothing to do with the OP, but a very interesting off topic\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miss Universe Hopeful Told to Wear Panties
Miss Colombia has been making appearances without unmentionables

By Greg Wilson

| Friday, Sep 9, 2011 | Updated 1:10 PM EDT

miss+universe-Columbia.P21.jpg

AFP/Getty Images​
Colombian Catalina Robayo Vargas takes the runway during the swimsuit parade, before being crowned Miss Colombia 2010.
Miss Universe Hopeful Told to Wear Panties | NBC Miami

Is there a way to shut off YouTube videos on an individual basis (i.e., user options) in the forums? They can take quite a long time to load, especially when people start threads on specific song topics.

Is there a way to shut off YouTube videos on an individual basis (i.e., user options) in the forums? They can take quite a long time to load, especially when people start threads on specific song topics.

You can choose to not display any images at all. You wouldn't be able to see any of our lovely photos either, though. :)

To do this, go to User CP (on horizontal bar above), click on User Options on the left hand panel, then scroll down to Thread Display Options and uncheck Show Images.

You can choose to not display any images at all. You wouldn't be able to see any of our lovely photos either, though. :)

To do this, go to User CP (on horizontal bar above), click on User Options on the left hand panel, then scroll down to Thread Display Options and uncheck Show Images.

Thanks! I would prefer not to lose the photos, but the YouTube video previews can get a little out of hand :(. I'll give your solution a try.

Thanks! I would prefer not to lose the photos, but the YouTube video previews can get a little out of hand :(. I'll give your solution a try.

Oh shoot. I just tried it, and I don't think it works for this. For me, it gets rid of the photos but not the YouTube videos. However, just losing the photos should help your download time, I would imagine.

Last edited:
Oh shoot. I just tried it, and I don't think it works for this. For me, it gets rid of the photos but not the YouTube videos.

S'ok. I'll just remember to have a book close at hand while I wait for the pages to load :)

Back
Top Bottom