Glenn Campbell

prose3589

Recycles dryer sheets
Sadly, Glenn Campbell has entered skill nursing facility. Released a farewell video. Definitely a sign of the times. I grew up on Rhinestone Cowboy and his other hits!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I watched a segment about him on the morning news about a week or so ago. On one part, he was watching an old home movie and forgot who that was when I think one of his kids or wife had to remind him that was him in the movie. At times, he'd still play on the guitar. The brain uses different parts to store memories of songs than other things.

Fascinating how, in stage 6 of the disease, he still has moments when he plays the guitar quite well.

Very sad. One if his albums was the first I ever bought and I was a big fan. I'm sure I was the only guy in my high school buying Glen Campbell albums...

Great guitarist, great musician. Sympathies to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I have never been a Glen Campbell fan but DW is. With what I know of Alzheimers', I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Sad. I grew up and had a crush on him. Watched the segment on him where he can periodically bring out his guitar and sing but while watching home movies, did not recognize himself.

Back
Top Bottom