What We're Making

Shelves for basement bath...not done yet...can be configured many ways.

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

Finished solar system at the mancave. Well, at least until I get more bright ideas.

Attachments

• SolarPanels8.jpg
    SolarPanels8.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • SolarCloset.jpg
    SolarCloset.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 87
Thanks. African mahogany with osmo oil/wax finish

How are you liking that ? It's relatively pricey stuff but people do seem to rave about it.

Which flavor exactly do you use ? They seem to have several different formulations.

I built a monopod for my monocular a few years ago. Unfinished for that rustic look. Furring strip and scraps. I love those giant twist ties.

Attachments

• monocular-and-monopod.jpg
    monocular-and-monopod.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 47
That is beautiful Ronstar. Did you draw up that construction or build from a designed plan?

How are you liking that ? It's relatively pricey stuff but people do seem to rave about it.

Which flavor exactly do you use ? They seem to have several different formulations.

I use the Osmo Polyx-oil satin. I saw a few YouTube videos where they applied it using a scotchbrite pad. Then rub in with a cleaner pad. Then rub down with a rag. I tried it on this project and it worked great. The rubbing kind of burnishes the finish into the wood and creates a nice sheen.

^ Outstanding!
I figured you made your own design and that is some of the rewards when doing a project like that. Very nicely done!

I have been shaping a few cedar fence posts from the ranch into vases. Nothing special and very crude. These might be used for a center piece display so made a few just to experiment some. I also shaped a long dish which turned out good.
If not used at the ceremony I will take them down to a place that sells my carvings or give them away to people that I know.

Attachments

• IMG_5606 (2).jpg
    IMG_5606 (2).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 427
I "done some art" for my workshop. :D

Attachments

• PXL_20201128_202742547.jpg
    PXL_20201128_202742547.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 62
I "done some art" for my workshop. :D
That's a good reminder to not make stupid mistakes.. I usually don't need a lot of help in that area....Sometimes I get rushed and I forget the basic rules...

I may make one (or two) for my workshop...

I have been shaping a few cedar fence posts from the ranch into vases. Nothing special and very crude. These might be used for a center piece display so made a few just to experiment some. I also shaped a long dish which turned out good.
If not used at the ceremony I will take them down to a place that sells my carvings or give them away to people that I know.

Those are very nice! I really like how the turning exposes a fresh, clean face to contrast the weathered portion of the post.

Sometimes it is the simple things that make them special. It's the end effect, not the process that defines "art" (well IMO, it is all subjective, as it should be).

-ERD50

These are Beautiful!!

Those vases are absolutely gorgeous - your friends are lucky!

I just finished a couple of art quilts - "You Had Me at the Sky" is 28"x41" fabric collage with fabric pieces glued to a fabric background and quilted with a double layer of batting. No trying to figure out how to frame - I'm going to research getting someone to custom make some stretcher bars and I'll stretch it across (gently)...

For me, this is a silver lining of the covid thing - finally having a lot of time for art!

Attachments

• CloudDetail_web.jpg
    CloudDetail_web.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 66
  • SkyQuilt_web.jpg
    SkyQuilt_web.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 67
Beautiful, bluesky!

Such a variety of talent on the forum.
street, Koogie, blueskyk--those look great!

Back
Top Bottom