Blow that Dough 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, rents around here in nice apartment complexes or small houses run around $2,000.00/month plus deposits and extra fees for my dog. The heck with that stuff, so I bought a new house.;)
Good move!

Well, I finally did it. DW had not prepared for my BD (as I had just done for hers), and she said I could get the big quartz crystal for myself. I still went back to the gallery manager to try and get a better price ($3000 list). After discussing with the owner, they agreed to my ask of 25% off, good for 24 hours only. With my CC rebate, it was $2200 plus shipping. It’s magnificent and worthy of a museum. It’s even better than the photo. 25 in tall and 35 lbs.

Wow some great Blow that Dough enjoyments.

Today my pocketbook got lighter also. Ordered new kitchen cabinetry and bought a riding lawn mower. Cabinets will be here late next week and Monday morning I will go pick up the riding mower and a friend will go with me.

The kitchen remake and mower we really can do without, but my lovely wife wants new cabinets and a rider at the ranch would make life a lot easier me.

Signed the contract for a NEW single story, energy efficient, 1,500 square foot home in the process of being built here in Texas. All new everything and in a new neighborhood locally. It won't be completed until late August.

Oh, sold the existing home in two days and 2% over asking price too boot! I move out by the 21st of this month.;)

Excellent btd!!

Signed the contract for a NEW single story, energy efficient, 1,500 square foot home in the process of being built here in Texas. All new everything and in a new neighborhood locally. It won't be completed until late August.

Oh, sold the existing home in two days and 2% over asking price too boot! I move out by the 21st of this month.;)

Great to hear. Congrats!

Yes, rents around here in nice apartment complexes or small houses run around $2,000.00/month plus deposits and extra fees for my dog. The heck with that stuff, so I bought a new house.;)

Our rents start around $2000 for a decent apartment. I think our condo would rent for around $2500, but the condo itself would sell for $700K (with $1K/month HOA) So, $2500/month is a real bargain! All depends where you live (location...). We have friends who rent a house for $3500/mo but the house would sell for over $1.1 million. Again, a (cough, cough) bargain for rent.

Well, it’s the end of the week and you’ve made a move, so I guess you don’t have to panic! It sounds like things are going smoothly, and I hope they continue that way.

Well, it’s the end of the week and you’ve made a move, so I guess you don’t have to panic! It sounds like things are going smoothly, and I hope they continue that way.

Yep, the panic stage is over and I have to be out of here in a week or so. Packing is almost complete and my DD is on notice to get the house ready for Toby and me. Two months at DD"s house ought to work fine as long as my dog makes friends with her cat.:LOL:

Aja, congrats on the new house!! Rents here are also ridiculous and when I got divorced some said to rent for a year. That was good advice in the past when renting was cheaper. If I had waited my condo would have cost 50k more. So totally understandable why you bought.

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! :dance: You just slipped that into the BTD thread. Great news, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with DD while looking forward to the completion of your new home.

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! :dance: You just slipped that into the BTD thread. Great news, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with DD while looking forward to the completion of your new home.

+1
Also good that you were able to make such a quick decision without dithering over it. Moving on nicely!

Thanks everybody! Yes, a new adventure has started!

And I am sure DD and I will get along just fine for two months. After all, she has been telling ME what to do for a while now!:rolleyes:

Great news Aja, since the quick sale on your current house, finding a new place that should be perfect size, and being able to temporarily stay with your daughter. The new 1 story 1500 sq ft should be perfect for you.

Great news Aja, since the quick sale on your current house, finding a new place that should be perfect size, and being able to temporarily stay with your daughter. The new 1 story 1500 sq ft should be perfect for you.

These new one story, smaller houses are very space efficient and built for energy efficiency as well. And not that expensive! Should be fun!:)

Aja, grats on the sale, the purchase, and the "vacation" with your DD - a trifecta!

These new one story, smaller houses are very space efficient and built for energy efficiency as well. And not that expensive! Should be fun!:)

Relax and enjoy. Keep us posted on the move.

Saw a bumper sticker on a truck: Yes, this is my truck. NO, I won't help you move.

I love this thread, but it's impossible to reply to each post. I love reading all of them. Please keep them coming.

For my part, we are going to Texas next week to cross 2 baseball stadiums off our map.

Fly into DFW on Wed, see rangers play the angels on Thursday, drive to austin on Saturday and then San Antonio on Sunday, then to Houston on Tuesday to see the mets play the astros. Trip concludes with a drive to Galveston and back on Wednesday, then to the airport to fly home.

$4,200 plus whatever we spend on meals and other touristy stuff. Can't wait!

+1
Also good that you were able to make such a quick decision without dithering over it. Moving on nicely!
Speaking of which, all our house purchases were less than 30 days from the day we thought about buying a house + closing/building time. You can call them impulse buys but they all worked out fine beyond our wildest imaginations.

My advice to everyone who asks has been: Now is always the right time to buy your primary house. Because few thousands here or there doesn't make much difference in the grand schema of things if you are planning to stay in the same house for more than 7 years.

Got my new Top of the line (No Exceptions) Lenovo X1 Carbon Fully Loaded Laptop today. What a lovely light machine. I cannot understand why it was in Shanghai on Tuesday and at my door by lunchtime today, and domestic Non-prime Amazon orders take 7 days and more.

WOW, New house much better deal. Besides you get to make your own rules. Not some pesky landlord.

Is this new house still in the Woodlands?

No, I am moving to north Montgomery County where it's not as crowded, not as much traffic, and home prices are more affordable. Where I am in The Woodlands, traffic is crazy and it's over developed. Taxes are about the same.

And it's not in a mature 55+ community like I am now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom