2020 Investment Performance Thread

Up 14% overall. Very happy with the gains, of course. Wish I understood it, but it just proves "I don't know nuthin'" and "it's not timing the market, it's time in the market" worked this year; and I'm just holding on for the ride.

Up 24% in my 401K. Up 67% in some small individual investments. A good year! I hope for even half that much in the coming year!!

I track total NW, not total investment returns as investment are 90% of NW.
2020 was 13.4%
35 yr running CAGR NW is 12.8%
Retired, so no work income.
60/35/5 AA
Bonds are short term investment grade ETF's 50/50 corp / US gov.
Stocks 75% USA 25% Ex-USA
Stocks split 50/50 Growth & Value
Growth vs Value is spilt equally between; small, mid, & large cap.

Ended the year up @ 14.4%. This was reduced by some "panic selling" back in March when I thought the bottom would fall out. I got back in a few months later and well...lesson learned. It would have been closer to 22% had I left well enough alone. ;)

Up 14.96% on a 50/50 AA. I'm thinking Apple, Google, and Tesla were responsible for a little extra juice.

A healthy 22% return based mainly on gold stock ETFs, silver stock ETFs and even the a small allocation to GBTC being the Bitcoin Trust. Cheers!

Thank you for the bump!

+9.52% as of Dec 31, 2020. It looks like tons of people here did better than me (most with more equity), but I'm happy with my number. What a rollercoaster ride it was!

137% return for 2020, wow i may actually be able to retire someday

11.48% return according to FIDO on the 401k rolled to IRA.

3.5% return on the as yet untouched corporate pension.

And despite all of the craziness in the world right now, January is started to look like a pretty good month.

Life is good.

Finished up 2020 with a gain of 16.7%

16.5% for me. AA bounced around quite a bit during the year, between 40/60 and 60/40. I generally like it right around 50/50 but that was hard to do last year.

+21.21% in the 401(k) and +21.5% in the brokerage account.

Not a bad return for the year!

Looks like about 10% including taking my RMD from 401(k). Not spectacular, but I'm relatively equity light. YMMV

Investment assets up 33% for the year. :dance:

Allocation was around 70/30 at the start of the year but increased to 80/20 during the spring and summer as I did a lot of buying as the market tanked. I've since pulled back to 70/30. I also own a good chunk of Netflix which certainly helped juice my returns.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
BLS unadjusted data for 2020 is out. CPI-U for all items less food and energy was 1.6%. Overall (all items) was 1.4%.

Since many had great investment performance in 2020, the impact on real return isn’t too bad! :)

Ended the year up 16%.
However I am up another 10% 2021 YTD.

I cannot believe how this year tuned out. From my all time low in 2020 I am up about 30%. Which is much more than I ever made working, and I had a 6 figure salary. I have made nearly 2.5X my highest ever yearly salary, go figure.

It was an amazing and unexpected year. Gain for 2020 was 75+%. No, it's not a typo, seventy-five percent. I am so grateful.

Wow. 1.41% YTD, 6.2% for 2020; 40/60 AA, in about a 2.1m PF.
Not sharing the excitement here...

I was up 12x yearly expenses in 2020 and up 2.1x YTD(2021)

some one should start a "2021 investment performance thread".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom