2022 Investment Performance Thread

Up 6.9% as of 8/31, due primarily to energy stocks but have scaled back a bit there, as well as equities in general.

Last edited:
For you older folks, who have been trading or holding equities in tax deferred accounts (e.g. tIRA's and 401k's) and are down double digits this year, you can always look at the bright side. Your RMD's are smaller now and so are the total taxes you have to pay the government. :)

For you older folks, who have been trading or holding equities in tax deferred accounts (e.g. tIRA's and 401k's) and are down double digits this year, you can always look at the bright side. Your RMD's are smaller now and so are the total taxes you have to pay the government. :)
They aren't smaller this year, but it does give me something to look forward to next year. :facepalm:

YTD +1.32%

20% equities (all energy related except for one)
80% mix of CDs, Treasuries, corp bonds, municipal bonds, MLPs, FHLP notes, cash, and Schwab MM fund. (whew!)

My RMD this year (taken next year) will (hopefully) be slightly bigger. :facepalm:

Last edited:
-12.7% ~65/0/35

Really have not sold stocks yet in my lifetime (other than changing out stocks for other stocks). Probably will not need to for at least 10 more years so all is good. Hopefully market keeps falling so my kids can buy low(er) for awhile.

^Same here on 2/3 equities: -12.7%

Jan 31 YTD -4.18%, stock AA 78.0%
Feb 28 YTD -3.22%, stock AA 73.8%.
Mar 31 YTD -0.18%, stock AA 74.7%
Apr 30 YTD -7.57%, stock AA 74.6%
May 31 YTD: -4.44%, stock AA 72.4%
Jun 30 YTD: -12.2%, stock AA 70.8%
Jul 29 YTD: -7.64%, stock AA 71.6%

Aug 31 YTD: -10.42%, stock AA 68.0%

-11.4% on a 60/40 port.
Not as bad as it might be, so I'll continue to sit on my hands.

As of close on 9/2: -8.63% 39/28/33

I still would not be surprised to see another 20% drop until inflation is under control.

YTD -12.14% on 55/45.

As of COB yesterday I'm up 1.1% YTD... My energy stocks made me some money (sold it all last month) and my fixed income investments helped offset my other equity losses.
Now I'm down. Looks like about -2% :(

YTD down about 11% but I think really it is more like 20% when you factor in loss of purchasing power.

That 20% real loss is a bitch.

Down 16.3% as of yesterday in our investments. Not yet retired and my wife and I both have pensions which make up 35% of our retirement (non SS dollars) when we retire. So factoring that in our decline is more in the 10% range overall.

Its going to suc big time but if the market continues the way it is, I may need to consider OMY.... I just dont want to be in the trap of each year finding a new reason for OMY.

Down 14.0% as of yesterday. Probably another 1% today...Monday...Tues... Hopefully, it will stop at some point.

Down 14.0% as of yesterday. Probably another 1% today...Monday...Tues... Hopefully, it will stop at some point.

-14.5% as of today. in my case thats -353k -in a Moderate PF.
Yep. Hopefully it will stop at some point.

Back
Top Bottom