A Question for the Women on the Board

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
I know the guys will be peeking at this (but you'll be disappointed when you hear that I am just asking a movie!).

What I want to know is: is anyone excited about/planning to see the film version of Sex and the City when it comes out at the end of the month? Am I truly the only female who doesn't consider this a major life event and isn't going to go (I'm not even going to rent it)?

I have a new friend who is 47 and suggested going to this as a "girl's night out" thing. I was floored because she talks about living below her means and being into spiritual things. She also doesn't like going to movies due to the expense and rudeness of the audience. But it seems like she is willing to deal with all that for this film....:rant:

What am I missing here? True, I've never watched the TV show, but from what I can gather, it's about four women who live in New York and spend a lot of time and energy on their appearance, especially with very expensive clothes. In 2008, is this really still of such interest? And I'm not even sure it's all that much about sex---I've heard the women may be with a lot of guys, but more in a quest to finally end up with "Mr. Right" than to fulfill their libido.

At least on this board, I would assume/hope there is someone who also doesn't need to see (and pay for the privilege) multiple product placements of expensive shoes....Am I right?

Last edited:
I am more excited about the prospect of "Harold & Kumar: Escape From Guantanamo Bay" coming to video.

Tango, 100% with you! Never seen the show, won't see the movie.

How ridiculous and shallow these shows are--escapist junk that makes me really glad I don't bother with TV. I have girlfriends that schedule our 2x month girls' night out around something called "Gray's"...they'd rather sit in front of a screen than around a table with friends! Imagine!

Heck, I'm pretty excited about the X-files movie coming out in July, but I am pretty sure that will be my one movie for the year!

I have given up on trying to understand women or men; it makes life much more peaceful.

SO and I are somewhat excited about going to see "Iron Man" in a newly re-opened theater, I'm getting to really like Robert Downey, Jr.

We have watched the TV version of "Sex and The City." Isn't that for when there is nothing else on? OTOH, it is fun making jokes about Big/Logan/Statin Island. And, can you believe that gal's hair? Oh, but that's another thread.

Last edited:
You could just say you don't want to go--maybe she's just trying to be nice. Different strokes....

I saw Iron Man last weekend and will probably go see SATC (as the cultists call it) on a girls' night out with DD.

No desire to see the movie...only watched the TV show when boared.

I'm casting my vote....:p. I won't see the movie because the tv show bored me to tears. I saw maybe two episodes and they both bored me. When I got over the boredom, I was annoyed....

and yes, I am a woman. ;)

SO and I are somewhat excited about going to see "Iron Man" in a newly re-opened theater, I getting to really like Robert Downey, Jr.

We have watched the TV version of "Sex and The City." Isn't that for when there is nothing else on? OTOH, it is fun making jokes about Big/Lucas/Statin Island. And, can you believe that gal's hair? Oh, but that's another thread.

I don't give a rip about Sex and the City. And I did used to watch the show because it was on before or after the Sopranos.

We just came from watching Iron Man. I really enjoyed it. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect in the role.

I have to say that I enjoyed the Sex/City episode where the one who always buys shoes did not have enough money to buy her apartment when it went co-op. Because she spent her money on shoes.

My mom (age 76) and I are already planning to see Sex in the City. We enjoyed the cable program and look forward to the movie. I believe those who didn't follow the series on TV would not enjoy this picture. Naturally, DH has no interest in going. Guess I'm the only one so far planning to go - should be lots of room in the movie theatre!

You know, I was just thinking...maybe if there was a show called "Sex in the Strangest Places"...well, that might peak my interest. :cool:

The show was on HBO, I'd guess there are plenty of people who don't have HBO who have never seen this show, such as myself. Don't think I would have watched it if I did have HBO since the subject matter seems tiresome to me.

I don't imagine this board is the intended audience for this movie.

By the way, here's a movie I was just forced to see (it sort of balanced out Iron Man for me): Made of Honor. Sex and the City will look like Citizen Kane compared to that.

I tried to watch the TV show several times, but never made it past five or ten minutes. I think Sex and the City must be more of a guy show. (?) Does nothing for me, anyway.

I don't have HBO but they show re-runs on one of the channels I get on my bare bones basic cable.

Never got into this show on TV and don't plan to see the movie.

I never watched the TV show (we don't have HBO) and don't plan on seeing the movie. I do like watching the Gray's Anatomy show though and I will rent Made of Honor as soon as it comes out on DVD.

SO and I are somewhat excited about going to see "Iron Man" in a newly re-opened theater, I'm getting to really like Robert Downey, Jr. .

Thumbs way up for Iron Man - but don't think about it too much. NOTE: Final scene after the credits roll - we left too early - drat! Amazing CGI.

OTOH, Jet Li and Jackie Chan made a real stinker with Forbidden Kingdom - and i like both of them! It was so bad we were yawning and would have walked out, but the tickets were all paid for... so we wasted more time as well as the ticket cost. There's some investment lesson to be learned there...

I liked Sex and the City but I haven't gone to the movie theatre in ages and don't think I will bother now. I may even need to cancel my subscription to Netflix soon, we just aren't very interested in TV right now.

No Sex in the City, no Desperate Housewives and no Survivor type shows. I'm a South Park fan so that tells you the level of my mentality. :)

No Sex in the City, no Desperate Housewives and no Survivor type shows. I'm a South Park fan so that tells you the level of my mentality. :)

Last South Park I seen was with World of Warcraft :D

Funny stuff. ya um thats about my level of mentality ;)

I don't give a rip about Sex and the City. And I did used to watch the show because it was on before or after the Sopranos.

We just came from watching Iron Man. I really enjoyed it. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect in the role.

I have to say that I enjoyed the Sex/City episode where the one who always buys shoes did not have enough money to buy her apartment when it went co-op. Because she spent her money on shoes.

The woman who "lived in her shoes"... :D

Ok, I admit, I watched it occasionally, mostly because every episode one of the girls bared their boobs... >:D

All except Sarah Jessica Parker... :bat:

Won't go to the theater to see it; it'll show up on HBO eventually.

I don't have HBO and only watched one episode when they began showing it on some regular TV station. I didn't like it - too much SEX stuff or something. I guess I'm showing my age and I'm from the free-love generation. I think that show started a major addiction for over priced, designer shoes and handbags that a good many women are probably still paying off on their credit cards. :duh:

I do like Grey's tho.

I never watched the TV show and don't plan on seeing the movie. I rarely go to the movies anyway.

Yes, I'll probably go see the movie but it's not on my calendar or anything. I liked the series in a non-fan kind of way and the movie looks entertaining. The series was really NOT about shoes. Lots of S-E-X! I enjoy going out to a movie because of the audience factor, people laughing out loud, making comments. :D

Back
Top Bottom