AAPL after hours!

Oops, yes! How did I make that typo!?! Too. Ad I can’t correct.

Turned out first shares were bought in 1995.

Aaaaand AAPL is up 77% for the year and broke $280 today. Sometimes I like to revisit that “Is it too late to buy AAPL?” thread. :whistle:

Aaaaand AAPL is up 77% for the year and broke $280 today. Sometimes I like to revisit that “Is it too late to buy AAPL?” thread. :whistle:

I bought 100 shares at $96 per the advice of I think RunningMan waay back in the day. And thank you sir. I also own quite a bit through an ETF . Shoulda bought more. Don't want to have too much tech though.

Apple is my largest single stock holding, but still under 8% of my overall assets. (Yes, I am starting to look at my single stock risk on this one.)

Hopefully this isn't the kiss of death: I'm up more $ on Apple YTD than my mega-corp pension or my modest full time community college salary.......combined.

We are seeing the opposite of 2018 year end...many large players realizing that they are underexposed to the market, so they are getting in both on Apple and large market indexes in general. The market is running.

Revisiting my old post from Jan 3, 2019 to look at the items I listed (and why I would be loading up on Apple had I already not owned so much), Apple has grown into a higher (and deserved) PE. Services revenues continue to move up nicely, and products like the Airpod Pro and watch are selling like hot cakes. They are THE products to have.

Having said that, I'm a bit more cautious on it (but not selling). While I think it is still probably a relative bargain, it has moved up...a lot...especially for such a high market cap stock.

If the market continues to move up (blow off top anyone), Apple will likely move with it. Maybe it is just the big profit talking, but I am more nervous about it now than I was at the beginning of 2019 (when everyone thought that the world was coming to an end).

Everyone can thank me for the recent run up in Apple. I sold a bunch several months ago, as I wasn't comfortable with the amount I had. Stocks always go up after I sell. :D Still have a 1000 shares left, but selling is hard as my basis is $29/share. Nice problem to have.:rolleyes:

Well, today AAPL closed below where DH started selling his stash last October.

First DH was going to sell 1/4 of his position, but AAPL kept going up!
And then he decided to sell down to 1/2 of his original position, but AAPL kept going up!
So he sold another 1/4 of his original position, but AAPL kept going up!
Finally he sold a wee bit more and stopped.

Now he might buy a wee bit back.

I'm still holding at my buy price of $85, which is where I got out of it (split adjusted) lo, those many years ago. But if I get it at that price, I think that means we're in the end times. But at least I'll have something to feel good about.

Last edited:
Yep. Never know what might happen when you're not paying attention.

Wow! Gosh, I guess if AAPL goes that low DH will back up the truck, or all hell will have broken loose and he won’t even be able to get online to do it!

Back
Top Bottom