Acupuncture?

Ha
How can I be sure that they use new sealed throwaway needles?

Well, in my experience, I could hear the paper tear as they unwrapped each new needle. Then when they were taking them out, the needles were placed in a throw away bin...

I imagined that the needles were either sterilized for further use and re-wrapped, or thrown away. I guess if you find a reputable place that has been in business for years, that would be a good indication. The place I go is Family owned, and the Acupuncture biz has been handed down for generations. They have their reputation on the line. People talk, you know!

Best,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Here is my umpteenth plug for a proceedure called "Prolotherapy".

Caring Medical - Symptoms - Back Pain

It is not acupuncture. It is a medically validated injection treatment that stimulates the body to strengthen ligaments and tendons that connect lower back vertabra. Not for every low back condition but definitely brought me back from the dead. Also solved my carpal tunnel, tennis elbow (actually windsurf elbow) and speeded up recovery from some separated ribs. Will work for any joint issue that requires strong ligaments-tendons. The world pretty much ignores it. Ashame.

Last edited:
Here is my umpteenth plug for a proceedure called "Prolotherapy".

Caring Medical - Symptoms - Back Pain

It is not acupuncture. It is a medically validated injection treatment that stimulates the body to strengthen ligaments and tendons that connect lower back vertabra. Not for every low back condition but definitely brought me back from the dead. Also solved my carpal tunnel, tennis elbow (actually windsurf elbow) and speeded up recovery from some separated ribs. Will work for any joint issue that requires strong ligaments-tendons. The world pretty much ignores it. Ashame.

Very interesting - thanks for posting the link.

I tried prolotherapy before acupunture. The injections were quite painful and I saw no real improvement in my pain level. Acupuncture works better for me.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom