All electric vehicle with low range. Are you able to find charging stations?

... Now the not so good. The 82 mile range has decreased more than we expected. We usually start the day off with about 58 miles of range...

Uh! About a couple of times a month, we make a visit to some specialty stores, and the errand is about 40 miles round trip. I don't think I would feel comfortable with that short range unless we stop somewhere to put a few miles back in the battery. That makes it a chore.

Even for in-town driving, I would feel more comfortable with at least 100 miles of range.

Uh! About a couple of times a month, we make a visit to some specialty stores, and the errand is about 40 miles round trip. I don't think I would feel comfortable with that short range unless we stop somewhere to put a few miles back in the battery. That makes it a chore.

Even for in-town driving, I would feel more comfortable with at least 100 miles of range.
2017 model got a battery upgrade to 114 miles and 2019 got another and about 154. Not Tesla range but used 2017 I3 for 24000 or so.

You do get use to running it down to 7 or 8 miles before you start to sweat...and then you realize how far 8 miles is from home...

Another problem with an EV is that if the battery life is not sufficiently long, the saving in fuel does not recoup the higher purchase cost.

And then, battery manufacturing and recycling must have some environmental costs. I would like to see them being able to make these batteries last longer.

Back
Top Bottom